Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 05:32 AM

Re: Good Morning Wednesday

I never sleep more than five and a half hours at a time - whatever time I go to bed. Been that way since birth. People say it is a form of insomnia - but I say it is natural for me. We are all different.

It must be awful for you, Swannie (and others) if you feel you need more but it just doesn't happen.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Swannie148 ->
Baz my insomnia used to be worse before I had a UPP (laser surgery) to remove throat fatty tissue which obstructed my breathing while asleep (apnoea). It was not uncommon for me to wake a dozen times during my supposed sleeping hours.
Good morning Swannie, well it is morning here . Good that there's an improvement for you, it's amazing what can be done. My problem with not getting the 'right' kind of sleep is basically down to going against nature and the way we should sleep and wake. It's still around five six hours which is not too bad, although not the 'recommended' hours or the eight or nine hours I feel is needed for me. However, I can function OK if I accept this is just how it is. That 'block' of five or six hours may not be at the 'usual' times but I don't suffer insomnia as such and nothing wakes me. Accepting this and just getting on with life as best I can is how I see it, like most things in life.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 06:30 AM

Good morning from ‘out in the rural sticks’ to you all!

Overcast here and just started raining. This is supposed to ease this afternoon, according to the forecast and feeling cooler than of late. Maximum temperature 15°C.

No gardening that’s for sure. Perhaps I should just sit and watch the grass grow knowing I cannot keep up with it lately? It’s so difficult with such changeable weather, I sympathise with farmers and commercial growers.

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 07:12 AM

Good morning all, light rain here at the moment but forecast to be dull and overcast for most of the day so no gardening on the agenda...

Only two things to do today, cook chips for lunch and a trip to the tip, which will probably take most of this afternoon with the queue...

Have a good day everyone
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 07:18 AM

Good morning everybody

I didn't sleep so good last night. It was 3.30 am before I nodded off. I've no idea why I'm like that - it just happens sometimes.

It's been raining in the night & I think there's more tipped for later.

I'm supposed to be going a walk with my friend Chris this morning & am wondering if we should go or cancel. I have good walking waterproofs but even so it's not much fun walking in the rain .. I'll wait another hour or so & then ask her what she wants to do...

Have a good day all.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 07:24 AM

Good morning all, have a good day and stay safe and well, God bless.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 08:29 AM

Good morning all

Sorry about your problems sleeping Swannie I go through periods like Carol when for no reason I just can't sleep ...I've come to accept it now and I'm often here at 4am.

Rain here in Yorkshire so no garden today...it was lovely yesterday though even though it was overcast it was pleasant and I had a great day chatting to pals in the garden.

Have a good day all whatever's planned....I will be looking for things to do in the house.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 09:07 AM

Good morning all those who are now awake
We had a drop of rain overnight and the garden looks better for it but we could do with more.

I am going to do some spring cleaning which was abandoned in favour of the garden but it needs to be done sometime.

Enjoy your day
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 09:15 AM

Raining here and I still can't get on with any work.

I'll do a corned beef hash for dinner today i think with huge chips and peas.

Why did I think if that ?

Huh... Im rambling yeah ?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 09:30 AM

Good morning all rain showers here, I’m hoping it will continue for a while yet as the ground is very dry.

Carol, you’re not alone with your sleeping problems. A couple of days ago I had to get up as I couldn’t sleep and I eventually went back to bed around 4am in daylight which didn’t help matters..... I managed to get about 3 hrs then.

Enjoy your day everyone

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top