Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 04:54 AM

Coronavirus lockdown: All shops can open on Monday in England

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52984687

All non-essential shops will be allowed to reopen in England on Monday, the business secretary has confirmed.

Alok Sharma said "we continue to meet" the government's five tests for lifting coronavirus lockdown restrictions.

He said retailers can open as long as they follow safety guidelines, or they could face enforcement notices.

But asked about the possibility of reducing the 2m social distancing rule, Mr Sharma said "we keep these matters under review" but did not give a date.
That's it, then ..... the virus threat is over - just be careful out there .....

Me ..... I'm going nowhere near the morons who need their fashion fix .....
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 05:38 AM

Re: Coronavirus lockdown: All shops can open on Monday in England

I'm not going anywhere soon, that's for sure.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

Me ..... I'm going nowhere near the morons who need their fashion fix .....

Nor me Omah.

Who needs fashion anyway - nowhere to go to wear new clothes!!
Theatres, cinemas, pubs, restaurants & holiday hotels all still closed...
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 07:26 AM

I'm going to summon up bags of self restraint and resist the urge to join the que for Primark!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 07:34 AM

Refused to queue for B&Queue, so, won't be queuing anywhere else, that's for sure.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 08:10 AM

Well I will be avoiding anywhere there are lots of people and will only queue in order to get food. In doing that also utilising the fridge, freezer and stock cupboard is a great help, just needs planning. That means only shopping once every three weeks or so. As age is a factor when it comes to survival, if unlucky enough to contract coronavirus, then appropriate steps will still have to be taken. It seems that it's reckoned one in 400 people carry the virus so from that I know the odds on that, everything else is an unknown.

I just think it's lucky in one way that this didn't happen at the beginning of winter! Can you imagine queueing as it is now, in our awful winters! There would be more fatalities through hypothermia than the virus!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
just needs planning. That means only shopping once every three weeks or so.
I wouldn't do that. I need my fresh fruit & veg above all else.

I'll stick with shopping at off peak times. It's lovely in Tesco at 9.00pm.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 08:50 AM

Shopping used to be a major thing for me...I met with pals looked around the shops had coffee that sort of thing

Will we ever do that again?... no idea but gosh I'm saving money right now .....every cloud has a silver lining
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 09:27 AM

All thanks to Cummings of course. If it hadn't been for his misdemeanors,this lockdown could have gone on for a lot longer.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 09:36 AM

They'll be open, but only if they can provide social distancing still.
That's what it said on the news last night anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top