Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:00 PM

Re: Lord Baden-Powell Statue now a target

It clearly isn't my strong point .... please explain in words of no more than two syllables how we started the war?

And please speak slowly.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by reg ->
You took the thoughts right out of my head.
But it's true. Britain declared war on Germany and with the strength of the British empire behind her turned a European conflict into a world wide conflict as the krauts pulled their empire into the Frey.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
But it's true. Britain declared war on Germany and with the strength of the British empire behind her turned a European conflict into a world wide conflict as the krauts pulled their empire into the Frey.
I know my history and I recognise your attempts to bring controversy to threads with your wording.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It clearly isn't my strong point .... please explain in words of no more than two syllables how we started the war?

And please speak slowly.
He's correct in that Britain and France "declared" war on Germany.....the reasons why are obvious.

He plays on his wording for attention, imho.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:18 PM

Thanks Reg .... I'm relieved. Just how many guilt trips can I go on, and survive .... slavery, racist colonialism and starting wars.

Todge, behave yourself.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:20 PM

He's correct in that Britain and France "declared" war on Germany.....the reasons why are obvious.

Not in this case. It's a historical fact.

Although I have no liking for the Nazi party of their supporters and with VERY good reason history is indeed recorded by the victors.

But both my now wife and I had family in Germany and Russia and those who survived taught us of life and death from the "other side"

It got both of us in a shed load of trouble at our schools as one might expect!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:21 PM

20th century history not your strong suite then?

In any case it lines up with The Windsor's exceeding close family ties with Germany and Baden Powell's supposed approval of the Nazis (which IMO is very unlikely!).
Your perverted twist on it is not up my street. Germany started WWII. Britain did not. But start another thread if you want this debate. Because your views are off the rails of this one.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:24 PM

Germany and Russia invaded Poland. That started WWII. To suggest anything else is semantic masturbation. Prior to that event Hitler was prodding and poking his way through borders without mass murder.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

11-06-2020, 09:25 PM

Not in this case. It's a historical fact.

Although I have no liking for the Nazi party of their supporters and with VERY good reason history is indeed recorded by the victors.

But both my now wife and I had family in Germany and Russia and those who survived taught us of life and death from the "other side"

It got both of us in a shed load of trouble at school as one might expect!
Never thought I'd ever see a Jew sticking up for Hitler... or if not positively endorsing him in glowing terms , ameliorating his crimes.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Weren't our own royal family Nazi admirers before Hitler started a world war? OMG ....

I seem to remember Dad saying there were rumours about the Duke of Windsor being a nazii fan. Makes you wonder what would have happened had he stayed King??

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top