Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 11:46 PM

Coming out...

I was wondering how many OFF's members have come out of self isolation now?

I have & I find if I go to the supermarket late evening about 8 -9 pm there's hardly anybody there. It's a nice time to shop. I keep my distance of course. Surprisingly I don't see many people in protective masks...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 12:00 AM

Re: Coming out...

I'm not interested in the supermarket until they have definitive proof that this nasty virus has gone. What they are finding is that it can take months to develop antibodies so those who have it can catch it again. I guess that is why it is so dangerous. Be careful out there it seems safe but that won't be the first time people felt that way with an infectious disease.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 12:00 AM

I'm playing safe and still self isolating, Carole.

After last weeks riots, also people swarming to the beach in the warm weather, I think there is still a danger of the public catching the virus.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 06:13 AM

When I 1st saw the thread topic, I thought it meant something entirely different.
In America, "coming out" refers to a gay person who is now OPENLY gay. As in "coming out of the closet".

"Going out" might have been a better title .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 06:54 AM

I wont be rushing to the shops either . Not that interested in clothes and stuff and I wont be travelling on the bus . Of course we need some normality . Can you immagine the queues to the shops ?

I'll stay where I am for a while longer
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 08:17 AM

I have to go out to shop for food and that's all, nothing else. The local supermarket used to be open 24/7 so shopping at night would have been ideal, I don't mind 'night time hours'. That was stopped when time was needed to restock shelves when the panic buying started. Then I thought 'online shopping', great. No chance, no slots. Next was 'Click and Collect', collection point just four miles away. Same again, no slots!

Now I have found that during the day, around midday to 1.30pm, when many people are having their lunch, the supermarket is relatively empty. Also Tuesdays or Wednesdays seem to be very quiet, again a lot of people will have already been shopping on Monday to restock after the weekend 'binge'.

Yesterday it was a visit to the Health Centre for a blood test and general check-up. The queues were outside, people were only let in close to their appointment time. Sensible measures considering what they are dealing with.

I will continue with generally keeping away from people as much as possible, until there is more clarity regarding coronavirus and the risks. When it is reckoned just one person in 400 has the virus and is able to pass it and the other 399 people not being carriers, the odds are quite good. However, and I am trying not to get paranoid about all this, hope I am not anyway, but it's my life at the end of the day and that's quite important to me.

It is also a great help this pandemic is not happening in winter, imagine queueing out in our rotten winter weather, in the cold and even snow!

Do what you feel you have to and keep safe and keep well everyone.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 08:56 AM

I have 'come out' a bit. Not going into town or shops but I have been out on the bike a few times. It's not always easy to give people 2 metres distance but I think I've managed to do so.

I cycled along to the doctor's pharmacy yesterday to pick up my prescription. Up to that time, we had a voluntary service collecting and delivering prescriptions to the house.

All precautions taken with distancing, masks, hand-washing and disinfectant sprays. We hope for the best.

There is perhaps more chance of us dying from a lack of our regular hospital check-ups and care.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 09:35 AM

I only go out for a walk or a short drive in my car to keep the battery charged as well as to take my disabled husband out for a change of scene. I'm lucky enough to be able to get a regular delivery slot for my groceries so don't need to go to the supermarket. However, I shall soon need petrol for the car and am quite worried about going to a petrol garage at the moment.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 09:44 AM

Mistook the title of thread to mean someone was 'coming out'. oops
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 10:07 AM

I have to say that throughout the lock down I have carried on as normal. I have observed social distancing, where possible, walking into the road to avoid other pedestrians if I think they are just going to walk straight past me (and a lot do, without a thought), washing hands constantly and applying alcohol gel, and wiping down trolley and basket handles when shopping, swerving from other shoppers and sometimes wearing a mask. But I have certainly not let it stop me doing what I enjoy...shopping, or walking the dog, or even meeting up with my sister (though she did keep away for the first couple of months).

I DO understand the seriousness of the situation, and how it can affect many people.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top