Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 08:20 PM

Re: Ordinary Life

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My life has been ordinary at times but I have had the bestest life. I have been poor, then very, very wealthy but now l am poor again and l am just as happy!
My current boyfriend who is lovely, is a multi millionaire but l think he’s a bit penny pinching!
That's probably why he's a millionaire Arty....
I know a couple of eyewateringly rich geezers, and they are the tightest people I have ever met.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 09:46 PM

As far as "ordinary life" is concerned during lockdown - I have managed to sleep through a lot of it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Have you managed to live an ordinary life, despite everything flung by the Media?

Yes I have managed it alright Spitty, the secret is to duck quickly when the media flings stuff at you, that way you miss all the crap they aim at you.
Ignorence of media news is also bliss, what the eye doesn’t see, nor the ear hear, the heart doesn’t grieve for, an all that.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 10:43 PM

Yep Jem, no one needs extra crap, what do the folks who deliver this shite, do on their days Off.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My life has been ordinary at times but I have had the bestest life. I have been poor, then very, very wealthy but now l am poor again and l am just as happy!
My current boyfriend who is lovely, is a multi millionaire but l think he’s a bit penny pinching!
Get him on here Arty, for some serious interrogation.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->

Yes I have managed it alright Spitty, the secret is to duck quickly when the media flings stuff at you, that way you miss all the crap they aim at you.
Ignorence of media news is also bliss, what the eye doesn’t see, nor the ear hear, the heart doesn’t grieve for, an all that.
Brilliant Post Jem.....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Have you managed to live an ordinary life, despite everything flung by the Media?
Originally Posted by Jem ->
I couldn't agree with you more Jem.

I struggled with the lockdown and eventually realised it was not just the solitary aspect of it, which I could do nothing about, but it was also the continual 'negative news' about what was happening, the people who had contracted coronavirus and the fatalities that was 'playing with my head'. Once I avoided all news about it, only finding out when I wanted to know, did I begin to cope better. Now, when I do wish to check I use the website used in the past, ironically that no longer appears to give the daily figures, only the totals. Check this for yourselves if you wish to, it was very regularly updated during the months of lockdown but now seems to have changed in this respect:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-07-2020, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I couldn't agree with you more Jem.

I struggled with the lockdown and eventually realised it was not just the solitary aspect of it, which I could do nothing about, but it was also the continual 'negative news' about what was happening, the people who had contracted coronavirus and the fatalities that was 'playing with my head'. Once I avoided all news about it, only finding out when I wanted to know, did I begin to cope better. Now, when I do wish to check I use the website used in the past, ironically that no longer appears to give the daily figures, only the totals. Check this for yourselves if you wish to, it was very regularly updated during the months of lockdown but now seems to have changed in this respect:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Same here Baz.
I know I keep repeating this but; In a population of 68 million, there are 67,500,000 who have not caught the virus.....I reckon that by avoiding big cities and towns and only visiting indoor spaces when you have to, the chances of catching covid are very small indeed. A lot smaller than the media would have you believe....But don't hold me to that.....
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

28-07-2020, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Same here Baz.
I know I keep repeating this but; In a population of 68 million, there are 67,500,000 who have not caught the virus.....I reckon that by avoiding big cities and towns and only visiting indoor spaces when you have to, the chances of catching covid are very small indeed. A lot smaller than the media would have you believe....But don't hold me to that.....
I wouldn't take the risk if I were you.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-07-2020, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
I wouldn't take the risk if I were you.
Thanks Monkey Puzzle, but I've spent most of my life taking risks and still am.....What would life be without doing something that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top