Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 12:19 PM

Re: Ordinary Life

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Same here Baz.
I know I keep repeating this but; In a population of 68 million, there are 67,500,000 who have not caught the virus.....I reckon that by avoiding big cities and towns and only visiting indoor spaces when you have to, the chances of catching covid are very small indeed. A lot smaller than the media would have you believe....But don't hold me to that.....
OK but if you are wrong OGF I will be back to haunt you forever more!

Looking at the risk in that way is similar to when a person has to undergo a medical procedure that carries a certain risk. Perhaps the statistics show there is a 2% risk of something going wrong, but that does mean there's a 98% chance that it will not go wrong.

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
I wouldn't take the risk if I were you.
Is it taking a risk though? Keeping away from crowded places and if you have to go shopping, for instance, then taking all possible precautions seems to me to be the sensible approach. My maths is not good enough to work out risk assessment but it would be interesting to know the % risk of contracting coronavirus compared with say, the risk of getting killed in an accident whenever we drive our cars. I have read that one person in 400 carries the virus, then another person has to be in a situation to be close enough to that person to contract it and then there's another % risk of whether or not that would be such that it's minor symptoms, serious or even fatal.

All we have to fight against this virus is whatever we can do to minimise the risk as far as we are able. Yes, the almost 100% certainty of not being infected at all is to lock ourselves inside our homes but we all have to eat and that food has to come from somewhere! Also almost nothing is ever 100% certain, life is risky but what is the alternative? Personally I know how badly the effect of not seeing anyone for four months was on me, that was far worse than the anxiety faced when shopping for food, in a sensible way at times when it's not busy.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Have you managed to live an ordinary life, despite everything flung by the Media?

I have led a very simple and ordinary life.

Now.....if I had led my life in the media..I’d probably be more screwed up,either that or dead.

Quite honestly I don’t buy newspapers neither do I have a tv license...

The media has no influence over me......it’s purpose is to sell stories,that makes them lots of money.

Regardless of what it costs.

Being in lockdown..didn’t affect me....I got more done in the house,garden.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

Now.....if I had led my life in the media..I’d probably be more screwed up,either that or dead.

Quite honestly I don’t buy newspapers neither do I have a tv license...

The media has no influence over me......it’s purpose is to sell stories,that makes them lots of money.

Regardless of what it costs.

Being in lockdown..didn’t affect me....I got more done in the house,garden.
Sounds like a quote from Foxy's world Pauline......
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Even simpler for me and others.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top