Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 12:26 PM

Re: Good Morning Tuesday.

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Thank goodness the rain has gone, 34mm in the last 24hours and some this morning but by 2pm the sun started to shine and the temperature crawled up to about 18'.

I went for a walk just after 3pm, first time I have been out for days, such a relief! Even got some shopping done before 5pm.

Over 300mm of rain since Saturday morning according to BOM, don't need any more for a while. Sun from now on thank you.

Hope all is well with you.

Funny story on the news today:

An outback Queensland pub has banned emus after a spate of bad behaviour from the feathered guests.

The Yaraka Hotel, in remote south-west Queensland, has barricaded its entrances to keep the birds out.

Nice one, Bruce! Have heard that emus can be quite aggressive - is that right - or am I confusing them with ostriches?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Nice one, Bruce! Have heard that emus can be quite aggressive - is that right - or am I confusing them with ostriches?
I don't think they are particularly aggressive unless you threaten them I have been very close to them and they tend to ignore you or move away (like most kangaroos). I wouldn't stand directly in front of one because they can't move backwards (apparently).

Large male kangaroos on the other hand I am wary of if they are as big as me.

BUT they are wild animals and as such unpredictable so it is wise to be careful and not get too close.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 04:49 AM

Good to hear you all are off to a good start, except the emus, who seem to have awakened on the wrong side of the bed.

It's been a rainy day here in Florida, but joyfully, a mother dove hatched one of her babies this morning in the palm tree outside my back door. Today was the first day I have seen her leaved the nest since July 5th. I am in awe of her dedication.

Have a lovely day; I'm off to bed so I can catch up with you all.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top