Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 05:40 PM

text scam

I had a text this morning , suposedly from my bank, wanting me to do a survey...and there was a phone number , it said...stop and then the phone number...which was..07418340527....I didn't phone, but I googled the number, and it seems that lots of people have had this number call or text them, from different banks ,they say it's a personal number...sometimes the last 3 digits are different, it's a scam, so if anyone gets a call or text from this number ..ignore it
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 06:13 PM

Re: text scam

Thanks for that Paula.
Fortunately, most of us are savvy enough to know when to suspect scammers, as you did, but I worry for the innocents out there who are too trusting. So any warnings such as this are most welcome.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

28-07-2020, 06:16 PM

I always ignore anything like that.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 06:36 PM

My bank has given up writing or texting or phoning me. Now if they really want to contact me it's writ on a scrap of paper wrapped round a half brick and thrown through a window in the early hours!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 06:41 PM

I loathe all these scammers we get now.
They are on the phone, at the door, on the internet - everywhere.

Good job you didn't ring them Pauline.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 07:16 PM

Worse still are what are at first thought to be scammers when in fact is my bank, who I have had an online account with for at least 15 years. They send me an e-mail giving all the positives of having an online bank account etc., etc. and it's time I should open one. Now why, you would be thinking, would a genuine bank be sending such e-mails even though the e-mail does have my postcode on it as a security feature? Well you would think they would at least not be sending those e-mails to those who already have an online account with them wouldn't you! But no, despite them having access and knowledge of those with existing online accounts they don't apply this to their stupid e-mails!

This is the fourth or fifth time I have received one of these and also that number of times I have complained about it, more on behalf of those who might be worried about receiving an e-mail of this 'scam' nature, than for myself.

No notice whatsoever is taken of my complaint yet this has been happening over four or five months. Is it at all really surprising when people believe a scam e-mail is genuine and then get ripped-off!

Apologies, rant over!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 09:41 PM

Thanks for the heads up Paula.
David P
South Oxfordshire
David P is male  David P has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 11:15 PM

Your experience was so like mine. My partner booked a spa weekend at 23.59pm on Christmas Eve using our credit card. The company telephoned me saying their may have been a fraud activity on my credit account, and needed to ask me a couple of security questions and asked for the card security code number to prove who I was. I told them to urinate off. I called in my local bank branch and asked them to check. Apparently the call was legit. You cannot win - cant you !!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 11:42 PM

There is an excellent Website that I use to report scam numbers. I've had a couple recently, and have done reports on this Website. Mine are landline ones, I never get a text as my mobile is barely used. Also my Decor phone has a blocked number facility, so I stick them on there.

https://scam-numbers.co.uk/
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 11:45 PM

On the subject of unwanted calls, how many of you hear the line "Hello, is that Mr Davies" when you answer? Just who is this Mr Davies and why, when you say no, do they carry on regardless???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top