Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

29-07-2020, 06:24 PM

Re: Why is it?

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I check my seaweed hanging in the garden...if it’s wet..it’s raining..if it’s dry..it’s not...
What a good idea. I think the met office would be better employed using that technique.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:41 PM

I think our weather people are pretty accurate now & mostly it does do what they forecast it'll do.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I check my seaweed hanging in the garden...if it’s wet..it’s raining..if it’s dry..it’s not...
We use old Snot (our employer)

When he comes in ---

If he's wet it's raining.

If he's fluffy it's windy

If he's white it's snowing

If he's unsteady on his feet there's an earthquake.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 07:40 PM

30 degrees forecast on Friday..... Better be accurate
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 07:42 PM

I always look in the morning local paper for weather & TBH they are 90% right . So that pleases me
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 07:55 PM

I find the online forecast quite accurate and use it to tell me when to bring the washing in.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 08:08 PM

I like thunderstorms. That's what I miss most here in the UK. Every day I check the weather forecasts and while sometimes there's some they never seem to get here in East Anglia.

I miss the torrential rain and hail and the peals of thunder you can actually feel, the lightning that changes colour depending on distance from the discharge and the acrid smell after it's been dry for a few days before.

Now that's the sort of forecast that I would really like to see, I'd look forward to it all day!

We do use the weather radar sites though that let you watch rain and later in the year snow tracking across the UK and of course hurricane watch with satellite images of storms as they track from Africa and then turn up the west coast of America, sometimes being directed towards us, other times being trapped in the gulf of Mexico and causing mayhem as they make landfall.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:10 PM

Does anyone remember using one of these? Used to have one as a kid and had literally seconds of endless fun using it.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We use old Snot (our employer)

When he comes in ---

If he's wet it's raining.

If he's fluffy it's windy

If he's white it's snowing

If he's unsteady on his feet there's an earthquake.
Does the weather cause earthquakes ??!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

29-07-2020, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Does the weather cause earthquakes ??!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Never noticed! On the odd occasion when I have encountered an earthquake (Mex city and Greece) the last thing I noticed was the bloomin' weather!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top