Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 12:13 PM

Re: What human food can dogs (safely) eat

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Pig Ear Strips.
One of our neighbours gave our dog some treats. The other dogs didn't seemed to dislike them but ours wanted to wolfed them up. Slowly. So far, no adverse effect.

Are they the same as the Rawhide things?

Wouldn't touch those with a barge pole. They cause blockages.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's what the vet recommends but Teddy agrees with you that it's bland. He will eat the chicken and leave the rice. In fact I think his IQ is higher than mine

Anyway I am happy to report that today we had a nice normal poo! What a relief! I fed him an apple a couple of days ago. Maybe that helped.

Annie, another thing you can try if he won't eat rice is, some mashed potato. No butter or anything rich, just mash a small amount of boiled potato and mix it with the chicken.

My vet suggested this for my old gal. He also said to offer her plain yoghurt (Live Yoghurt), and/or plain cottage cheese even. Only a dessertspoon full though, not piles of it.
Mine lot often have Yoghurt, they enjoy it.

I am really surprised you suspect the Yumove, I would never have thought that would upset him.
Have you phoned them for advice, they are very good normally.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Annie, another thing you can try if he won't eat rice is, some mashed potato. No butter or anything rich, just mash a small amount of boiled potato and mix it with the chicken.

My vet suggested this for my old gal. He also said to offer her plain yoghurt (Live Yoghurt), and/or plain cottage cheese even. Only a dessertspoon full though, not piles of it.
Mine lot often have Yoghurt, they enjoy it.

I am really surprised you suspect the Yumove, I would never have thought that would upset him.
Have you phoned them for advice, they are very good normally.

I was going to stop the yumove and watch him for a few days then call the vet. It's not easy seeing the vet at the moment but if he does not improve I will ask for tests. He is due vaccines in Oct. If you read the yumove reviews this seems to be a common side effect in some dogs. May be some breeds do not tolerate it well.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 01:30 PM

I will try plain yoghurt - thanks for the tip.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top