Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 04:22 PM

Re: Does this sound like your wife?

True confession:

There is nothing like a passive-aggressive, unannounced laundry strike that is noticed the morning before school/work to solve that problem. Teens (at the time) involved.

I only had to do it once.

Somewhere out there are two future spouses of said teens who don't know how grateful they should be .
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 08:46 AM

It's really a two-way street, isn't it ?

We both have our jobs around the house. I maintain her car and do all of the home maintenance/repairs ; as well as 90% of the cooking. Any woman who did not take care of the laundry would suddenly discover that I was no longer interested in her needs.

Woman: "What are we having for dinner tonight ?"

Me: "I've already eaten. Cook whatever you like".

Woman: "My car won't start"

Me: "I've already looked at it. I don't know how to fix it. Better call a mechanic."

Back in the day when I had a room-mate, I expected nothing from him and he expected nothing from me.

If a woman wants to act like we are room-mates, then so be it. But, ultimately she will begin to call upon my physical strength, and my skill sets. When that happens, is when a division of labor quite naturally follows. As in: "Honey, move the refrigerator so I can clean under it".
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
True confession:

There is nothing like a passive-aggressive, unannounced laundry strike that is noticed the morning before school/work to solve that problem. Teens (at the time) involved.

I only had to do it once.

Somewhere out there are two future spouses of said teens who don't know how grateful they should be .

Exactly!

If Mr Glanny's dirty clothes don't go in the laundry basket then they don't get washed, simples!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Exactly!

If Mr Glanny's dirty clothes don't go in the laundry basket then they don't get washed, simples!
If she can not shovel the snow out from around her own car, then it does not get shoveled. Simples !

If she can not jump start her own car, which has a dead battery, on a freezing cold morning, then it does not get jump started. Simples !

If she wishes to be a totally independent person, then so be it, but be careful of what you wish for. Simples !

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top