Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 08:43 PM

Re: Praise.

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I like Prime too, Carol, especially with the video benefit.

That said, Amazon needs an option to remove companies shipping directly from China (and a few others) prior to search results being shown.
I don't think that at present we have any like that when ordering from the UK mom. They are either Uk suppliers or if they are from the EU or US it's really clear that you are going external and the search results aren't usually at the top unless it's not available here.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I thought it was £20 to qualify for free post. It used to be £10. .
Yes, it's £20 for some items but it still is £10 for books.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Yes, it's £20 for some items but it still is £10 for books.
Carol that is very good to know. I do get confused as to why sometimes I have free delivery and other times not. That explains it!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 06:37 AM

I thought it was £20 to qualify for free post. It used to be £10. I had a trial of prime but clicked on it by accident and cancelled right away. Still had the bonus of the free trial for a month. It is really good if you use amazon a few times a month but then it's also great delivery for a lot of items that are non prime without membership. They have been a lifesaver during lockdown but I do worry about their treatment of staff and suppliers.
Ditto. That’s cause they are sneaky. Amazon’s a great company but sometimes they are sneaky and when it comes to sneaky with credit cards I’m not impressed.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 06:45 AM

I don't think that at present we have any like that when ordering from the UK mom. They are either Uk suppliers or if they are from the EU or US it's really clear that you are going external and the search results aren't usually at the top unless it's not available here.
Some of their 'Crafty' stuff comes direct from China - which is why I don't buy it!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 06:51 AM

Is there an age limit for subscribing to "Prime"?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Some of their 'Crafty' stuff comes direct from China - which is why I don't buy it!
That's the problem Tabs, lots of craft supplies come from China, hopefully someone here will spot a gap in the market and start making stuff here.
I've gone back to Fred Aldous, I used to order from them years ago, they're still good. I'm not sure if some things come from China though. Until it arrives and you see the label it's difficult.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 09:33 AM

Beware Greeks bearing gifts!

Amazon are taking over the world, they already have more followers than Jesus, and their mission is to close down all the shops until theirs is the only game in town! They might be 'goody gumdrops' now, but once they have total control of the retail world, it will be no more Mr Nice Company!
Amazon's business has exceeded all expectations since Covid and it has set a very dangerous precedent. Makes you wonder about Covid doesn't it.
Support your local shops.......If you don't use it......You'll lose it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top