Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 02:04 PM

Re: Game of Thrones

To be honest, I have no problems about how it all finished. Surely there had been enough war and killing, as Ser Davos said. There is a hysterical reaction on Social Media, with a petition, demanding the last episode be reshot! As if HBO, would be at all willing to regather all the cast, chuck a few more million dollars at it, because of the whims of some disgruntled fans! It was a brilliant series, one of the best ever.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 05:00 AM

Re: Game of Thrones

Originally Posted by summer ->
I was disappointed with the last episode....I wanted to see a glorious ending....not a sensible drift into a boring democracy...since when was Game of Thrones sensible?

Shame the end was a let down
Just finished watching season 8. I was disappointed with the idea of democratically choosing of a king. It just didn't fit with the medieval theme. It always jars when dramas set in an earlier era start reflecting the views of the here and now.

They chose to go down a safe route which is the opposite of what they stood for as a programme. But perhaps that was to avoid leaving people wanting more GoT. The dragon scenes were good though.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top