Join for free
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 11:16 AM

Poorly ear vet today

Elsie has a an appointment this afternoon because her poor ear is horrible again. We keep some medication so we can treat her when it gets sore but this time it hasn't worked at all and we are three days in and it looks worse than day one. Hope they can sort her out with something else that works as she head shaking and banging her head to try and get relief.

Isn't it funny when they get something bothers them always wish it was me as I would understand and be able to control myself where they act instinctively and it makes it worse. Hate seeing them suffer at all.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 09:56 PM

Re: Poorly ear vet today

I bought a trial pack from Stinky Stuff. Never used it, as Holly hates having her paws touched, but it also includes a bottle for ears. Maybe look into it? Expensive, though.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 09:57 PM

https://www.stinky-stuff.co.uk/produ...ing-ear-drops/

Here.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 10:32 AM

Thanks Jazzi we got some otodex from the vet and she is more comfortable this morning, I'll look at getting some of your recomendation to keep in case it happens again. She was a star at the vet let him touch her ear without just a little moan and he gave her a steroid injection to bring down the itch too which she licked his hand after. Silly man then threw her a treat forgetting she can't see well so we spent a few minutes searching for it under his cabinet as she missed it completely.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

22-03-2019, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Thanks Jazzi we got some otodex from the vet and she is more comfortable this morning, I'll look at getting some of your recomendation to keep in case it happens again. She was a star at the vet let him touch her ear without just a little moan and he gave her a steroid injection to bring down the itch too which she licked his hand after. Silly man then threw her a treat forgetting she can't see well so we spent a few minutes searching for it under his cabinet as she missed it completely.
Aww bless her. Hope his treatment works, though.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top