Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 05:13 PM

Re: Want To Lose Your Vote?

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Nothing much we could do if an an old age restriction was put into effect. Another guest on the show, suggested 16/17 year olds should have right to vote.

Jamelia could be suffering from Gerontophobia.
Or maybe the fear of disappearing without trace because no one cares what she thinks.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 06:13 PM

Had heard her name, and seen her on LW but no idea who she was.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Older people should be allowed to vote and anyone under thirty should not be allowed to vote in my opinion....

Older people have achieved a degree in the university of life, and more wisdom than a jumped up little shit like Jamelia...
I agree mate.
I remember asking my son and some of his Uni mates why they voted remain. The answer was "easier to travel around Europe innit" - they could come up with nothing plausible, but think they know it all.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:45 PM

As someone who is about to hit that milestone of 75 in a few months, I was intrigued to find out more about a person, I'd never heard of previously. Read about her erratic personal life on Wikipedia, and that was the usual par for the course. I've been voting since 1964, so if it's all right with the lady with one name,( how pretentious is that!), one shall carry on regardless!!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:49 PM

Her view is a little too Brave New World for my liking. It might be an idea if she watched Logan's Run to see where her ideas will eventually lead to (i.e. the creation of some kind of "master youth race").
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I agree mate.
I remember asking my son and some of his Uni mates why they voted remain. The answer was "easier to travel around Europe innit" - they could come up with nothing plausible, but think they know it all.
That's about the size of it fender.....
A couple of young people I know said they wanted to vote remain, but couldn't give me a plausible reason why and anyway, they couldn't be arsed to vote because it wasn't 'Cool'......

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top