Join for free
Page 16 of 42 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 03:51 PM

Re: Churchill NZ under lockdown!

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They are not Imans though are they?
Arabic is the language generally used in mosques .
Sermons are probaby given in the language of the sub continent .
That wasn't what you meant muddy you are turning it around rather now. Yes they preach in arabic but they also print all sermons in English and during services translators help those who don't understand the language being spoken. It's all rather civilised really and no one goes away not understanding. I even find some of the ladies very helpful with Sri Lankan and Indian dialects they help at the teas when we have tea and cakes so that we can have conversations and all understand each other.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That wasn't what you meant muddy you are turning it around rather now. Yes they preach in arabic but they also print all sermons in English and during services translators help those who don't understand the language being spoken. It's all rather civilised really and no one goes away not understanding. I even find some of the ladies very helpful with Sri Lankan and Indian dialects they help at the teas when we have tea and cakes so that we can have conversations and all understand each other.
However in reality unless you are a speaker of Arabic or Urdu or whatever you have no idea what is actually being said .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 04:18 PM

However in reality unless you are a speaker of Arabic or Urdu or whatever you have no idea what is actually being said .
Well yes you have to trust the Imam, the person transcribing the sermon, the person translates it, and if you go through it with another person understands the language and was there. Quite a conspiracy going on to actually cheat in that way. They even put it up on the community board so anyone can challenge it. I am not so suspicious I think a hundred people all conspire against me.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 04:20 PM

Just as well really.

Check out

Surah5:51.

There's quite a few translations but there is no room for misinterpretation

O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.

E pluribus unum
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-03-2019, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Just as well really.

Check out

Surah5:51.

There's quite a few translations but there is no room for misinterpretation

O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.

E pluribus unum
You should take that to a decent Imam they don't always mean what you think they do I've found. Much like Bible quotations can mean many things to different people.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 04:36 PM

Well yes you have to trust the Imam, the person transcribing the sermon, the person translates it, and if you go through it with another person understands the language and was there. Quite a conspiracy going on to actually cheat in that way. They even put it up on the community board so anyone can challenge it. I am not so suspicious I think a hundred people all conspire against me.
One of the difficulties when translating from a written text such as the Qur'an is to ensure that the meaning of what is writ is not lost. Not just lost in the translation but also it's figurative context.

Take a simple. Example, shar'ia.

It translates to path to the water but it means so much more.

For example the word path. It refers to the direction to follow and the water means the place you really want to be.

In the context in which it is used it is saying this is the route you must obey if you want to end up being admitted to the garden.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

16-03-2019, 04:43 PM

You should take that to a decent Imam they don't always mean what you think they do I've found. Much like Bible quotations can mean many things to different people.
Given the context that was spoken in it means precisely what it conveys.

It follows Old Mo having been given the bums rush by the Jews in (I think it was) Medina. As a result he was pissed off big time.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 07:48 PM

I agree but I can't see how that can possibly work as there are as many different ways within Islam as there are countries in the world possibly even more thinking about it. A Muslim from Poland is very different to one from Sri Lanka and they are very different to one from Pakistan or Saudi or Iran. All would need to agree and I can't see that happening any time soon.
I realise that it's not easy, but I'm sure you agree that the only solution is for the real religion to come together formally under one, two or three leaders to separate itself from the extremists.

If anyone can all themselves a Muslim and twist the faith to suit their objectives then that is the fundamental problem. Failure to address this issue is a disaster.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
In war many non combatants will always be casualties. Collateral damage will always result during conflict. Such is the nature of war.

When it comes to killing of non combatants the deliberate targeting of civilians as a strategy it's hard to beat the Brits and the Septics during the two so called world wars.

I repeat and do so unapologetically, if parents deliberately take their kids into a war zone or create a war zone where they are then the blood of the kids is on the heads of the parents.
As much as I'd prefer not to answer this uninformed comment, I feel I must, with due respect to the innocent loss of lives.
Do you know what goes on in Syria ? Did you know that the Syrian women, children and men who lived in their country were unable to escape , in many cases ended up as hostages and human shields in the enclaves of ISIS an other militants ? Are you saying that it was their fault ? Don't forget it was not only Muslims but also Christians , who have been used as sex slaves or murdered. Numerous mass graves of 1000's of bodies being unearthed, and you say parents deliberately took their children into a war zone ? Do you know why those people in many cases could not escape the war ? Do you know anything and do you know that Liverpool's first night of the blitz in August 1940 had 160 plus German war planes bombing them and those raids continued every night until the end of the year . Was that the fault of the parents of the children who were killed because they lived there ?
And was it the fault of the parents that the Jewish children in Germany were rounded up and taken to the Gas Chambers ? What could they have done to prevent such an atrocity ? Was it their fault because they lived in Germany , Poland ,France etc ?

There is little to no logic in your posts, and it would be helpful if you could used proper English, because your local dialect is extremely confusing, unclear and sometimes very rude.

21 February 2019
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...-raqa-11277172
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

16-03-2019, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I realise that it's not easy, but I'm sure you agree that the only solution is for the real religion to come together formally under one, two or three leaders to separate itself from the extremists.

If anyone can all themselves a Muslim and twist the faith to suit their objectives then that is the fundamental problem. Failure to address this issue is a disaster.
Islam can not be twisted and it isn't being. All that is taking place is that an increasing number of Muslims are following shar'ia more diligently.

Never forget that under Islam lying is not only permitted but advised. It is more widely used in the case of the Shia school but I can and is also encountered in the case of Sunni.

See "Kitman" and "Taqiya".

There are three cases where lying is approved, the first is to silence a woman,the second is prior to going on a journey, and the third is to secure peace.

But here's the rub.

Going on a journey is not limited to going on a literal journey, it is much more frequently related to starting some course of action.

The most dangerous case is lying to secure peace.

Islam is presented as being the religion of peace, more about that later, and so actions to spread Islam which means that a Muslim can lie through his teeth if it helps spread Islam or detracts from criticism of it.

There's a great deal more about Islam that Joe Public doesn't have the faintest idea about.

Page 16 of 42 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top