Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 08:37 AM

Re: Game of Thrones

Originally Posted by galty ->
Nice from some one with your user name
Ha! I hadn't thought of that
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 08:56 AM

GOT is a classic.

Fair enough if you don't want to watch it.

Carrying on living in the dark ages.
It is never dark in Middle Earth!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 09:05 AM

Ok

Do not have a TV.

Was told about this from a friend on Face book after the third series.

So downloaded it off Pirate Bay(naughty me)

So watched all the first three in one go

Yes to much sex and nudity and girls bottoms in the first series and did turn me off.

After that if you can get over the first one that you will find that GOT is a classic.

Brillant acting brilliant scripts.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 09:17 AM

I got the Blu-ray box set some time ago at the recommendation of my son, then I bought the other series (seasons) as they were released.

There are so many characters in it, so many twists and turns in the tale that I have watched the whole lot twice. Great story, fantasy content and entertainment in my opinion.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 09:58 AM

Nice from some with your user name
My very thoughts!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have never seen any of the LOTRs movies because I am frightened they would ruin the books.
Hi Bruce

For a while I too shared those exact same sentiments.

The books are incredible and one ineviably builds up a complete set of imagery in the mind.

However, undeniably those images are helped and in some ways steered by the fantasic art works we had at the time from people like Howard Shore. The visage of Gandalf for example with his grey hat and long pipe.

Turned out that the producers of the film understood completely the concerns of people like you & I. They knew they couldn't mess with those established notions and imagery so they employed Howard Shore and others to influence the movies.

The results are largely brilliant. You sit watching the film and think "wow, that IS exactly how I envisaged it".

One particular aspect always underpins that feeling when I see it and that's the race by the hobbits in the first film to escape from the Black Riders who are chasing them through the wilderness. Particularly when Arwen takes the injured Frodo on her white horse and is pursued by Black Riders till she crosses a river to the borders of her land and then summons up the waters to defeat the Black Rider's steeds.

The films clearly couldn't include every aspect of the huge books. There is no Tom Bombadil for example. But the majority of it is there and is incredibly faithful to the books, to Tolkein and to fans pre established notions and expectations.

I would encourage you to go watch the first film to see. You won't be disappointed I'm sure.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Hi Bruce

For a while I too shared those exact same sentiments.

The books are incredible and one ineviably builds up a complete set of imagery in the mind.

However, undeniably those images are helped and in some ways steered by the fantasic art works we had at the time from people like Howard Shore. The visage of Gandalf for example with his grey hat and long pipe.

Turned out that the producers of the film understood completely the concerns of people like you & I. They knew they couldn't mess with those established notions and imagery so they employed Howard Shore and others to influence the movies.

The results are largely brilliant. You sit watching the film and think "wow, that IS exactly how I envisaged it".

One particular aspect always underpins that feeling when I see it and that's the race by the hobbits in the first film to escape from the Black Riders who are chasing them through the wilderness. Particularly when Arwen takes the injured Frodo on her white horse and is pursued by Black Riders till she crosses a river to the borders of her land and then summons up the waters to defeat the Black Rider's steeds.

The films clearly couldn't include every aspect of the huge books. There is no Tom Bombadil for example. But the majority of it is there and is incredibly faithful to the books, to Tolkein and to fans pre established notions and expectations.

I would encourage you to go watch the first film to see. You won't be disappointed I'm sure.
I loved all of the films of LOTR, I loved The Hobbit & I have the cartoon version of LOTR & the book that went with it, they never carried on with it, which was a shame they should have finished that series.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 01:57 PM

Looking on the net I can get all 7 seasons of GOT for £25. Seems like my pay day treat for tomorrow methinks!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 02:02 PM

I have sen LOTR plenty of times and find them interesting and understandable. I don't feel the same way about GOT though, I think the acting is weak apart from the dwarf bloke. Maybe GOT gets better later on but I have never lasted long enough.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 05:28 PM

Might be nice if some members could open a new topic about LOTR

This topic is about GOT

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top