Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 07:36 PM

Re: Radical Muslims slaughtering Christians

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have reported the above post
Don't blame you Muddy.
I'm getting a bit sick of the racist card being thrown around, when it's quite obvious the members on here are far from it.

Some just like to be petulant and twist posts to suit their own agenda.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 08:13 PM

It is IMO not discussion just flaming .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 09:14 AM

I have reported the above post
Good for you.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
No...…... it's about holding people like the left wingers like yourself and all the so called police in Rotherham who turned a blind eye to the 1400 girls abused by the muslim gangs and nothing was said for over 10 years
Not all on the left are liberal apologists. I consider myself 'old school left' and, like Marx, regard all religions as "the opiate of the people!" - cynically used by the ruling classes to subjugate, emasculate, divide and oppress the 'lower' classes. I attack all religious abuse without fear or favour. The simple fact is, however, that the world is (currently) much more at risk from islamo-fascism than any other form of religious extremism. The sooner humanity grows up and stops needing its religious 'dummy' the better.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's the extremes again, those who are intolerant of religion who are the problem.
Why should religion have a special standing deserving of 'tolerance?' - religions are just a collection of ideas like any other opinion. If someone believes that the earth is flat or that homosexuality is a sin, do we have to be tolerant of their 'faith?' If Someone genuinely believes that we are ruled by an alien race of lizards wearing human skins (David Icke) do we have to respect their ideas?
I would fight for their right to freedom of thought and speech to have and express their ideas, but that doesn't mean I have to respect and accept them because, for them, they are articles of faith.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Not all on the left are liberal apologists. I consider myself 'old school left' and, like Marx, regard all religions as "the opiate of the people!" - cynically used by the ruling classes to subjugate, emasculate, divide and oppress the 'lower' classes. I attack all religious abuse without fear or favour. The simple fact is, however, that the world is (currently) much more at risk from islamo-fascism than any other form of religious extremism. The sooner humanity grows up and stops needing its religious 'dummy' the better.
Sorry should have used the word SOME and not THE.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Why should religion have a special standing deserving of 'tolerance?' - religions are just a collection of ideas like any other opinion. If someone believes that the earth is flat or that homosexuality is a sin, do we have to be tolerant of their 'faith?' If Someone genuinely believes that we are ruled by an alien race of lizards wearing human skins (David Icke) do we have to respect their ideas?
I would fight for their right to freedom of thought and speech to have and express their ideas, but that doesn't mean I have to respect and accept them because, for them, they are articles of faith.
I'm not suggesting a special tolerance just normal amount we show for everyone and everything else. I say the same about goths and emos and anyone else with a different way about them. Just let people do and be what they want as long as they aren't hurting you why are they a problem ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Don't blame you Muddy.
I'm getting a bit sick of the racist card being thrown around, when it's quite obvious the members on here are far from it.

Some just like to be petulant and twist posts to suit their own agenda.
Looks like it was my post and I can't see anything wrong with it, I haven't been rude or anything !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Looks like it was my post and I can't see anything wrong with it, I haven't been rude or anything !
No Julie it's wasn't your post .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

21-03-2019, 01:23 PM

No Julie it's wasn't your post .
Thank goodness for that it came after my post in the thread so I was a bit concerned I'd said something to upset you, that is never the intention even if debates get a bit hot sometimes.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top