Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 02:55 PM

Just letting off steam

My son brought his girl friend to meet us on Monday and they have stayed for the week returning home today.

Please allow me to creep into this forum just to let off a little steam. The girl friend has driven me nuts. She is 25 going on 6 and pouts and sulks for anything. Watching my son trying to make it better, is not good. Minding my own business isn't good.

This morning she wanted to make a potato salad with peas so I gave her a packet of frozen garden peas she insisted that it is tradition in her family for the peas to be out of a can. and sulked until my son drove her to the local shop to buy a tin of bloody peas.

My son wanted to walk on the beach one last time before he went home, girlfriend tells him NO he can do that another time, because she wants to get to Sea World nice and early so they can spend all day there.

These are just the things that happened before they left. However, now I see they were silly and I should know better than to even let it bother me.

Thank you for the opportunity to rant.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 05:08 PM

Re: Just letting off steam

Its early days Cate, your son may come to realise the relationship is not on solid ground and tire of it... Just hang on in there !
I hope you dont mind Cate - I did have a little giggle over the peas, but its so good for you to get it out and you did - hope you feel a bit better, take deep breaths and try and relax tonight... My dream is to go to Sea World, it aint gonna happen now ! My good wishes are with you Cate - hug from me...
Pats
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 07:35 PM

You think she's a bit odd Cate, my son brought home a girl friend when he was in his twenties (He's 44 now), she was taking drama lessons at college and by the airs and graces of her you'd think she was royalty, after the dinner she had a few brandies and all the royalty disappeared, she said she took her drama lessons very seriously then got down on the floor to demonstrate, she started shouting "I'm a fried egg and this side is done, please turn me over." The wife and me were left speechless and you could light a cigarette off the Son's face, he thought he'd never get to the phone quick enough to call a taxi and take her home, that was the last we saw of her. Sometimes when the Wife and me are out with him I'll casually ask with a smile "How's the fried egg Son." He is not amused.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 07:38 PM

You sure can tell a good story Jem - 'priceless'.....
There you go Cate - give her a 'Brandy' next time - if, there is a next time !
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 07:54 PM

It's a problem sometimes biting your lip, but I'll bet he was as embarrassed as you Cate, so no doubt (hopefully) she won't be around for too long....
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2013, 12:35 AM

Feeling much better after your posts thanks Pats, Jem and plantman, I see the funny side now, I would offer alcohol but fear it would be me making a fried egg of myself. You are right he could have brought much worse home I mean she could have been an actor.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2013, 07:46 PM

Sorry Cate I get where you're coming from but the peas made me snigger!! Id have replied that when in this house we do it this way.. but then im an argumentative sarky moo anyway lol Well not all the time but when required lol

The fried egg is just hysterical!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

12-01-2013, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Feeling much better after your posts thanks Pats, Jem and plantman, I see the funny side now, I would offer alcohol but fear it would be me making a fried egg of myself. You are right he could have brought much worse home I mean she could have been an actor.
Cate - fabulous post... next time she visits, try a Brandy or such - before she arrives, she will appear 'so' different to you !......
Hope all goes well in future......x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2013, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
You think she's a bit odd Cate, my son brought home a girl friend when he was in his twenties (He's 44 now), she was taking drama lessons at college and by the airs and graces of her you'd think she was royalty, after the dinner she had a few brandies and all the royalty disappeared, she said she took her drama lessons very seriously then got down on the floor to demonstrate, she started shouting "I'm a fried egg and this side is done, please turn me over." The wife and me were left speechless and you could light a cigarette off the Son's face, he thought he'd never get to the phone quick enough to call a taxi and take her home, that was the last we saw of her. Sometimes when the Wife and me are out with him I'll casually ask with a smile "How's the fried egg Son." He is not amused.
Fantastic story Jem, really made me smile
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Glad your attitude has changed for the better, let's face it if all that is wrong with your world is your son's girlfriend then life is pretty sweet.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top