Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 12:03 PM

Re: Just letting off steam

Yes indeed Bruce I quite agree. I forgot to mention that this lady who kept telling me that she was very careful about what she ate and drank smoked like a kipper and when I mentioned that I was surprised to see such a health nut smoking she answered 'Cigarettes can't hurt you' she went on to explain that certain studies have PROVED that smoking is not harmful, it is the nicotine which is harmful.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Yes indeed Bruce I quite agree. I forgot to mention that this lady who kept telling me that she was very careful about what she ate and drank smoked like a kipper and when I mentioned that I was surprised to see such a health nut smoking she answered 'Cigarettes can't hurt you' she went on to explain that certain studies have PROVED that smoking is not harmful, it is the nicotine which is harmful.
Ha-ha....smoked like a kipper...
The sense of humour on this forum is just great !
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 01:57 PM

OK I am steaming again. This time it is my mother - in- law who is driving me to drink.

She will not wear a hearing aid or even admit she needs one when talking on the phone. Consequently she has become dangerous. The other night she rang to say that a relative had died. She told me the poor thing had died of cancer but it turns out she died of Pastuella infection which led to her organs giving up.

During this conversation my husband, her son asked if this lady had lived in the Isle of Man. I heard him ask her three times, not sure of the reply.

This morning she rang to ask when would we be returning, puzzled I asked why? Well, she said K says he is in the Isle of Man.

After I had got up and picked the phone up from where I had thrown it. I explained that we were not in the Isle of Man and that Ann had not died of cancer but wanted money donated to cancer relief instead of flowers.

So endeth the desteaming.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 04:47 PM

O'h Cate - reminded me of an episode of 'Fawlty Towers !'
If she wont go for a hearing aid - suggest an ear trumpet !
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

23-01-2013, 05:09 PM

Oh yes I remember that one. Good idea about the ear trumpet but she is so small it would look very funny stuck on the side of her head.

The thing is she makes excuses like ' I can't hear so well on this phone, its not in the living room, I'm in the hallway'. When asked why she doesn't wear her hearing aid she says she can hear funny noises, like the central heating turning on and the birds twittering.

I can understand her not wanting to wear it when she is in the house alone but Dear Lord why won't she wear it when we are there or use the special thingy on the phone to make it louder........

I am a gentle soul, I am a gentle soul, I am a gentle soul..............:062 :
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
OK I am steaming again. This time it is my mother - in- law who is driving me to drink.

She will not wear a hearing aid or even admit she needs one when talking on the phone. Consequently she has become dangerous. The other night she rang to say that a relative had died. She told me the poor thing had died of cancer but it turns out she died of Pastuella infection which led to her organs giving up.

During this conversation my husband, her son asked if this lady had lived in the Isle of Man. I heard him ask her three times, not sure of the reply.

This morning she rang to ask when would we be returning, puzzled I asked why? Well, she said K says he is in the Isle of Man.

After I had got up and picked the phone up from where I had thrown it. I explained that we were not in the Isle of Man and that Ann had not died of cancer but wanted money donated to cancer relief instead of flowers.

So endeth the desteaming.
I know what you mean, my mother-in-law really should have a hearing aid but refuses to get one.

Luckily her hearing is good enough so if I speak loudly she can hear fine, it's just if I speak normally she has trouble.

I did contemplate getting her a hearing aid for her 91st a couple of weeks ago but I think she may have tipped the tea pot over my head
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-01-2013, 05:14 PM

I was going to suggest the 'special' phone....shes a tricky one for sure !
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

23-01-2013, 05:31 PM

Tricky? Pats Tricky? No she is not tricky she was put on earth to drive me gaa gaa and she is succeeding.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-01-2013, 05:48 PM

O'h - did I say something wrong Cate...sometimes things just dont read right when we're posting...
Didn't mean to sound trivial gal - I understand your frustration 'very well'......
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

24-01-2013, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
O'h - did I say something wrong Cate...sometimes things just dont read right when we're posting...
Didn't mean to sound trivial gal - I understand your frustration 'very well'......
Oh no Pats, nothing wrong with your posting at all, gave me a chuckle actually thinking of the old girl being tricky I I must use these little emotion faces on my posts more often as a lot of people on this forum know I am daft and never take offence, and enjoy a bit of banter, but I don't post that often and you are not used this batty old bird (me that is)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top