Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 01:02 AM

Re: Just letting off steam

My m-i-l, was a nightmare. She tried all in her power to split us up. It was made clear to her, by my husband, that he would not tolerate her venom towards me. I know she disliked me maybe even hated me. There was a cold peace between us but we could so easily have been friends if she could have realised that I was no threat to her relationship with her son.

We embraced the chosen partners of our children and it has enriched our lives.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 12:02 PM

Many mothers-in-law start of mistrusting or even hating their son's chosen life's partner, but they never seem to think ahead. If they need looking after when they get old the probability is that it will be the daughter-in-law who ends up with this happy task.

Many women are looking after their spouses mum and say that when they first met their was venom and mistrust on the part of the mother.

Father in laws seem much nicer and more forgiving but I wonder if it is true when it comes to the father of a daughter?
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

09-02-2013, 12:13 PM

My father couldn't wait to get his four daughters off his hands, and as soon as suitors arrived with reasonable prospects he gladly handed us over. However when he was in Rome with one of my sisters, who was then about fifteen, he did reject the offer of several thousand camels for her from an elderly Arab. He didn't know what he would do with so many camels!

My husband never treated our three daughters as china objects to be cherished, thank goodness, he treated them more like lads!

I have an excellent relationship with my two sons-in-law, who seem to like their senile old bat of a mother-in-law.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 12:58 PM

If any of my daughters brought home a guy who I thought was unsuitable, I always put my subtle head on.

I questioned him at length as to what his intentions were toward my daughter, what his prospects were, did he own a house, have a job, how many grandchildren he was going to give us - never saw the majority of them again for dust.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 12:59 PM

Bless your heart Willow we senile old bats are the best. We make em laugh and feed em for that is what senile old bats do.

My foster dad actually told my husband to be that I wasn't good enough for him. Turned out he was right we divorced three children and 22 years later.

Fogey you are wicked and one day I hope you meet your match
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

09-02-2013, 01:16 PM

Our middle daughter only brought home the boyfriend whom she knew we would approve. We knew he was the right one as soon as he walked through the door. He spied the kettle, put it on and said, "Anyone want a brew? They have been married for 15 years this year.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top