Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
spinner
yorkshire
spinner is female  spinner has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 04:01 PM

Re: Shoes on or off in the house.

Don't let anyone in! Just shout at them from behind the closed front door. That way, you are spared the embarrassment of -
1. asking them to remove their shoes
2. unsolicited shoe removal
3. having to make them tea or coffee
4. having to apologise for the state of your home

you know it makes sense
Traveller
Bangor Co Down and France
Traveller is male  Traveller has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by spinner ->
Don't let anyone in! Just shout at them from behind the closed front door. That way, you are spared the embarrassment of -
1. asking them to remove their shoes
2. unsolicited shoe removal
3. having to make them tea or coffee
4. having to apologise for the state of your home

you know it makes sense
Traveller
Bangor Co Down and France
Traveller is male  Traveller has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 06:12 PM

And what do these shoe people do when inviting people round for a BBQ and they arrive at a front door? Do they have a pile of slippers there for them and another pile pile of say Crocs at the back or patio doors to wear outside as you have left your outside shoes at the front or do you get issued with a plastic bag at the front door to put your outside shoes in to carry around inside until you go outside at the back door to the garden?

We were in NZ early last year and saw dozens of people, young and old, walking about the coastal towns with no shoes on and with the dirtiest manky looking feet I have ever seen. These people would have had to put shoes on to go into any decent house and they were outwardly respectable looking people.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 06:31 PM

I think the best idea would be to get your guest to send cardboard cut outs of themselves these could be positioned neatly in the lounge and dusted when needed
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 06:55 PM

I was brought up to remove my shoes at the front door when visiting other people and have always done it . At home I have tiled floors down stairs so dont worry to much but if they need to go upstairs where I have carpet the shoes must come off. Most of my friends will remove with out asking and I must admit I do judge a new friend who walks in with muddy shoes with out thinking or asking (I live in country often muddy)
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
I think the best idea would be to get your guest to send cardboard cut outs of themselves these could be positioned neatly in the lounge and dusted when needed
Good one LOL
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 03:23 AM

Having sat and read all through these posts I think a lot of it must be tonge in cheek. However I would be more than a bit miffed if offered somebody elses slippers to wear in the house. There is a mat at our front door and you would be expected to use that but that is all. To all the diehard 'no shoes' brigade ...I hope you never have to call the Ambulance....the delay at the front door could be serious.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 03:34 AM

Ripple " I think the best idea would be to get your guest to send cardboard cut outs of themselves "

Love it ,
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 04:35 PM

Maggis - I noticed your 'smilie' is it from another site...?
I like it !....

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top