Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mark6262
New Member!
Derbyshire Dales
Mark6262 is male 

02-02-2013, 08:33 AM

Re: Shoes on or off in the house.

[QUOTE=Michael;234805]It's an automatic thing for us to take slippers when we are invited to enter someone's house.

We just carry our indoor slippers in a small carry bag.

It's just about being respectful of people's house rules - and that works either way.

We keep a selection of slippers and sandals available for visitors.

The free holiday slippers are worth keeping and are very useful for such occasions.

I question the intelligence of people if they put up a sign.

If you don't want people to wear shoes in your house, just politely ask them to remove their shoes.

Exactly correct. This is what we do. We have slippers to wear when visiting and put them on when we arrive.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 09:44 AM

Living in a hovel, we normally wipe our feet on the way out....
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

02-02-2013, 09:48 AM

As we expect people to take off their shoes when visiting our home, we always extend the same courtesy when visiting others. We carry spare Crocs with us when we go out.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 11:21 AM

I am well known to my family and friends of being the woman with no shoes on most of the time. If there wasnt so much broken glass on the pavements I would probably walk down the street to the shop with no shoes on. In fact, I dont have any shoes. I only wear Sandals most of the year and then when its about -2 degrees put a pair of boots on. I walk in my garden with no shoes on never liked them. Makes me laugh as I have two great greats whose occupation was a Cordwainer or a shoe maker so I bet they turn in their graves with their ggGranddaughter.
Dont walk in with footwear in anybodies house.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 11:46 AM

We take our shoes off as we close the front door and put slippers or sandals on.
I would not ask people to take their shoes off - suppose their feet are smelly!
I expect people to wipe their feet on our welcome mat, especially in wet weather.
I'd think it was quite rude to be asked to take my shoes off and would feel very uncomfortable and not welcome.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

02-02-2013, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
We take our shoes off as we close the front door and put slippers or sandals on.
I would not ask people to take their shoes off - suppose their feet are smelly!
I expect people to wipe their feet on our welcome mat, especially in wet weather.
I'd think it was quite rude to be asked to take my shoes off and would feel very uncomfortable and not welcome.
Guests would definitely not be welcome if they refused to remove their shoes and shown the door, that is for sure. Fortunately it has rarely been a problem, the people we choose to entertain always remove their shoes as a matter of course.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
As we expect people to take off their shoes when visiting our home, we always extend the same courtesy when visiting others. We carry spare Crocs with us when we go out.
So what's the difference between crocs and shoes? What part of your body do you wear them on...
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

02-02-2013, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
So what's the difference between crocs and shoes? What part of your body do you wear them on...
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

02-02-2013, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh?
I'm sorry if that confused you Willow, but my point is this, what is the difference between wearing Crocs or wearing shoes? Crocs are shoes are they not, unless you wear them on your head that is, in which case they would be a hat...
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

02-02-2013, 04:34 PM

I'm sorry if that confused you Willow, but my point is this, what is the difference between wearing Crocs or wearing shoes? Crocs are shoes are they not, unless you wear them on your head that is, in which case they would be a hat...
Yes of course Crocs are shoes, and we carry an indoor pair with us when we go to someone's house so we can put them on. Maybe I wasn't specific enough when I said no shoes, of course it is fine if people bring indoor shoes to change into when they visit us.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top