Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 03:13 AM

Chinese New Year - The Year of the Snake

Wondering what peoples views
are on this subject ?
Telescopic
Eastbourne uk
Telescopic is male  Telescopic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 04:36 AM

Re: Chinese New Year - The Year of the Snake

I am a pig
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 10:40 AM

There is a great display of lion dancing with the usual firecrackers put on at a mini chinatown in my nearest city. Very colourful and energetic, and brings in lots of visitors.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 10:52 AM

I treat it the same as the ordinary horoscopes. I look at them and go my own way.

I'm a Tiger
spinner
yorkshire
spinner is female  spinner has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 08:08 PM

for years I thought I was a horse,
then I was told the Chinese New Year starts in March, so I had been a rat for years without knowing, as I was born under a wandering star,
sorry, as I was born before March, so hence in another year to the one which I had previously thought I had been born in

but as us Capricorns are sceptic, I didn't believe any of it
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 11:53 PM

My opinion? It's the start of a new year, its just a different calendar to ours based around the moon cycles so it is a fact. Everything else is superstition.

I might go up to the Nan Tien Temple to watch the celebrations, the lion dance and the drummers.

Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by spinner ->
for years I thought I was a horse,
then I was told the Chinese New Year starts in March, so I had been a rat for years without knowing, as I was born under a wandering star,
sorry, as I was born before March, so hence in another year to the one which I had previously thought I had been born in

but as us Capricorns are sceptic, I didn't believe any of it
Bit dangerous being a horse these days, :0 might keeep clear of Findus et all.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 01:12 AM

I dunno about that, can't tell what we're eating these days ,horse ,rat, cat,
goat, emu, dog, kangaroo ,camel, snake guinea pig, I'd guess all of them are on a menu somewhere ( hidden or not)
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 06:38 AM

Can't wait for the year of the kangaroo

ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 09:52 AM

I would love to take part in the Chinese New Year Celebrations but I doubt anything will happen here. I have tried to ook up and see what I would be and I think I might be a monkey! I get on with everyone, apparently, except tigers (and I'd agree wholeheartedly that I would stay well away from them)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top