Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 09:11 AM

Good Morning Saturday

Looks like I have the honour today as Alan is away, so good morning to you all on this sleety morning in Sherwood...

No plans for today as we are having to wait in for the TV repair man, as our magic box of tricks has finally failed to respond to the usual cajolling... could be expensive methinks...

Hopefully we can get a walk in the forest after lunch and then spend some time with a book by the fire this afternoon..

Have a great day yourselves..

Barry
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 09:15 AM

Re: Good Morning Saturday

Good morning Barry, it's quite chilly here on the Island but no sleet or snow (I think the salt air sees to most of it). I hope your repair isn't as expensive as you fear it might be!

I'm also going for a walk (as usual with the dogs) but have to brave the beach as most of the glens, after all the rain, are much too boggy for a wimp like me - I like my terra: firma
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 10:29 AM

Morning all..
Thanks for opening up today Barry..you have got your key in your pocket, I hope?
Dull and cold here and the bird feeders are busy, we have a jay and a magpie that look like they are 'fixing for a fight'
Family are visiting later - they want a chinese meal, so no cooking for me
Enjoy your day everyone.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 10:41 AM

Good morning fellow members what a miserable day,dark and wet.

I was woken in the night by a strange noise, at first I thought it was Chloe dreaming but she was fine when I put the light on. I then realised it was coming from the loft above my head quite loud and very scary . Is it a rat or bird I wonder, there is a hatch to put my head through and even a light up there but I am too scared to go and look.

Think I will shut myself in the kitchen, do some baking and try to forget about it

Enjoy your day everyone...
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 10:48 AM

Morning Everyone Heavy fog early on this morning, which is now lifting and I can again see across the roads here

Could be a squirre, Meg! I had strange noises as well from my loft area and had it investigated (I don't do lofts) and it was a squirrel that had got in thru a hole in the "inverted" E part of the building - I am on the top storey of a two storey flat at the gable end of it. It had climbed up the rhone pipe at the corner and onto the roof! Not sure if it had made the hole or not! It was scarey! Hope you find out what it was!!

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Morning Everyone Heavy fog early on this morning, which is now lifting and I can again see across the roads here

Could be a squirre, Meg! I had strange noises as well from my loft area and had it investigated (I don't do lofts) and it was a squirrel that had got in thru a hole in the "inverted" E part of the building - I am on the top storey of a two storey flat at the gable end of it. It had climbed up the rhone pipe at the corner and onto the roof! Not sure if it had made the hole or not! It was scarey! Hope you find out what it was!!

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe
Hi Rosemary I hadn't though of a squirrel , I will try to pluck up the courage to stick my head in and have a look later .

If I disappear for good you will know it has got me

ETA
I have been up to the loft and took a walking stick with me. No signs of life but something has been chewing the polystyrene packing inside a box . I gave the joists a good banging with the stick then beat a hasty retreat
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 12:15 PM

Good morning all, drizzly rain here and it looks like it's here for the whole day, the wife's gone into town with my daughter and I'm here with the dog, no walkies for him today I'm afraid, too wet. My eldest grandson Sean is 14 today and is off on a day out shooting paint balls with his friends, you know the type of thing they do nowadays, we had to settle for wooden catapults and tin can tomahawks., anyway the rain won't bother them. If the wife is back before 1oc I'll dodge through the rain and slip out for a pint and chat with the old lads in the local.
Take care of yourselves folks.

Dingle Bay, Co. Kerry.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 12:19 PM

buenas dias everyone. Very sunny here but still that cold wind. Nothing exciting planned, some food shopping, some catching up on mail, basically just take the day as it comes. I hope you find your "unwanted guest" Meg, what a cheek moving in uninvited !

Have a good day all.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 12:23 PM

'morning Barry and all

Minus 6 C here last night but no more snow and in fact we have bright sunshine so not too bad a day. Decided to tidy up in here (again) and then will be walking the hairy hounds this afternoon, well one of them anyway, the other one is sadly not up to walking much now.

Enjoy your day everyone, what ever you are doing.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
ETA
I have been up to the loft and took a walking stick with me. No signs of life but something has been chewing the polystyrene packing inside a box . I gave the joists a good banging with the stick then beat a hasty retreat
Almost certainly a mouse, I keep all my old boxes in the upper part of the barn above my workshop and when they get inside a box they can make a lot of noise trying to get out Not sure if you're thinking about putting mouse traps up there, but if you do don't forget to check them after a week or two or you might get less desirable rodents up there BTW there is never just one mouse, there's always two and often more.

The lady who spends her weekends in the house opposite has a pole cat in her loft, and they can be aggressive creatures and often bigger than most domestic cats. Allegedly they don't like human urine so she's been advised to put some jars of that up there
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 01:48 PM

Good morning all drizzly rain here, not too cold though...

Looks like 'something' has been in the garden during the night and knocked some plant containers over .... fox maybe? ...... they would have been too heavy for a cat to have moved them

Enjoy your day folks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top