Join for free
Page 266 of 370 « First < 166 216 256 264 265 266 267 268 276 316 366 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 11:20 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Cheer up Floydy, it sounds like you’ve got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning..
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Cheer up Floydy, it sounds like you’ve got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning..
Just wondering where everyone was, Mags. Nothing wrong with being concerned about people is there?
Oh I forgot...we're not allowed to ask about missing members are we?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Just wondering where everyone was, Mags. Nothing wrong with being concerned about people is there?
Oh I forgot...we're not allowed to ask about missing members are we?
Don’t worry Floydy, it wasn’t intended to be a serious post
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I noticed that too Floydy....
That Surfermom can be so fickle.....
Hahahaha

Doing my level best to be a full-fledged member of the "Excuse of the Month Club," I thought it in bad form to show up here moaning and groaning that the only rubber hitting the pavement is not my running shoes but the well-worm miles of the Acura, poor thing.

That said, when I wasn't collapsing (literally) into bed the last week, I did read up on the crew here and must congratulate you all on your diligence.

I am relishing being home, and it has been a delightful day with a full three hours of working out - running, cycling, and doing step aerobics with weights. You can't keep a good (or in my case mediocre or apparently, fickle ) woman down.

I'm going to be soooooooore tomorrow. No matter, I will be working out like a fiend tomorrow because Monday morning, I am back on the road.

Sheesh. Just like a bunch of men....first we talk to much...then we don't talk enough... !

Happy weekend!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 01:59 PM

Well it's about time you got back into some decent exercise Surfermom.....
I was up an attem' around six thirty this morning and put in eight good miles in blustery conditions. It was nice and dry and I managed to avoid the yappy dog at the farm of doom... I still felt chipper at seven miles, and the time wasn't too shabby either....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 03:03 PM

Not been exercising much the last few weeks as I hurt my leg somehow, I thought I'd yanked a muscle and went to the Doc for painkillers, she also sent me for an xray as I have a history of arthritis and she wanted to see if the pain was coming from my hip joints. It came back clear thank goodness. Our pool does not have proper ladders or walk down steps it's a really awful row of slits cut into the tiles on the side of the pool with a small hand rail on the pool side/edge. It's always put an awful strain down my right side going up this, the top slat to the pool side is very hard for me to do and quite painful sometimes, I'm sure I yanked my muscle at the top of the leg a few weeks ago. I went back just the one day last week but I asked my OH to come with me as I was scared of something happening when I tried to get out of the pool. He stood behind me incase I fell back but I didn't. I'm going to have to go back myself because if I leave it much longer I know I won't go as I'm starting to get a real fear of that blasted ladder thing. I've been in a lot of different pools over the years but this is the only one with a stupid ladder that's not a ladder.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 04:45 PM

Well, back in the saddle, so to speak, after that damn chest ailment! Thank the gods. Totals for the 90 minute session...

Pull-down: 195 @ 40kg
Back Extension: 150 @ 45kg
Chest Press: 35 @ 35kg, 45 @ 35kg, 40 @ 40kg
Arm curl: 40 @ 20kg
Leg Extension: 70 @ 20kg
Leg Curl: 40 @ 25kg
Pec-dec: 90 @ 30kg, 35 @ 35kg
Pull-down: 100 @ 40kg

Gym console says 483 calories burnt and "trained like an athlete", which always makes me chuckle. It should have, in brackets, "an old, decrepit athlete. Legs are still hard going after wasting away for a couple of years, but they are improving. It's a pity some of the machines don't seem to record properly as, for one example, the chest press machine lists 125 moves and shows the weights, but said my total moves on it was 207 for the session. I wuz robbed I'm tellin' ya!!

Keep up the good work, everyone. I love reading what you are all up to. I get particularly wistful about you runners and the descriptions paint a lovely picture in my mind's eye.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 08:41 PM

Roxy, I know exactly what you are talking about with those type of steps; they can be very slippery . I know there are add on ladders and steps if you can squeeze the project into a busy spring. Good news about the arthritis results, but that muscle injury sounds miserable. Can you afford a few weeks to really heal properly?

Tachyon, that was a very solid workout, and I know exactly how you feel about legs. I felt like I lost more than a little leg strength in January, and though I am fighting my way back, I feel like my legs and brain are waging a battle between "Go run" and "Just take it easy." Thankfully the first is louder and more stubborn than the second.

OGF, your distances ever amaze as does your stoic determination to stand up against the beasts of farm and field. It's windy too and no matter which direction I ran today, the wind was in my face. Now how could that be?

It felt fantastic to be outside with the robins and starlings, the latter of which will be migrating north soon. The azaleas are in full bloom, creating riotous bursts of pinks and white lining the trail. All of which are gorgeous distractions from my laboring lungs and legs. My pace is slow - slow enough that I am not looking until completion , but each day is one day closer to the surf season. Five very hard-earned miles. Yay!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Well, back in the saddle, so to speak, after that damn chest ailment! Thank the gods. Totals for the 90 minute session...

Pull-down: 195 @ 40kg
Back Extension: 150 @ 45kg
Chest Press: 35 @ 35kg, 45 @ 35kg, 40 @ 40kg
Arm curl: 40 @ 20kg
Leg Extension: 70 @ 20kg
Leg Curl: 40 @ 25kg
Pec-dec: 90 @ 30kg, 35 @ 35kg
Pull-down: 100 @ 40kg

Gym console says 483 calories burnt and "trained like an athlete", which always makes me chuckle. It should have, in brackets, "an old, decrepit athlete. Legs are still hard going after wasting away for a couple of years, but they are improving. It's a pity some of the machines don't seem to record properly as, for one example, the chest press machine lists 125 moves and shows the weights, but said my total moves on it was 207 for the session. I wuz robbed I'm tellin' ya!!

Keep up the good work, everyone. I love reading what you are all up to. I get particularly wistful about you runners and the descriptions paint a lovely picture in my mind's eye.
Nice to see you in here again Tachyon now that you're finally getting your chest problems out of the way.

Those totals for your 90 minute session are seriously something; a real volume-fest of a workout. Well done on that! Some good weights too now you're getting the grips of it all.
I would say one thing about the dodgy machine tallying though - can you ignore the read-outs and manually count your reps instead, writing it down the old-fashioned way perhaps? Just an idea bud

Roxy - Sorry to hear of your injury. Keep that pool in order too and be careful

Bob
and Suzie - sorry to be a bit of a grump the other day. It's my fault to be honest. The bodybuilding site I re-joined isn't really up to scratch; in fact there's even less participation than there is on here. They tend to do their own thing, write their journals and don't encourage others to join in. Funny thing, but not my thing too so I've left.

I haven't actually done a session since Thursday, a legs workout which went really well (I noted it here) but upper body-wise I've had some problems with both forearms due to over-training the previous week and I need to rest more.
Coupled with that, I've been enjoying a break watching Homeland which I can't stop viewing. It's a gripping series and I'm getting through it very fast, but I need to halt that for a while I think.

I'm going to continue my training today (Monday) with some light work but as far as relaying it back to this thread (or anywhere else) I'm just going to decide what to do on the spot without any noting down. It just takes so much of my little time I have in the afternoon. But I will give you a brief overview of my training session.

Take care folks
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 10:18 AM

Well I managed the pool ladder thing, must admit I was more than a little bit worried. But I was OK. Took a photo of the ladder as you can see it's just slats cut into the wall and the top one is half the depth of the others. Not nice at all. AND look who's standing yapping....... Not the ladies lol.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190318_082812.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	9069  

Page 266 of 370 « First < 166 216 256 264 265 266 267 268 276 316 366 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top