Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 08:50 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Many folks have been known to go into an interview, and come out and say, I think I screwed that up.
yep ya gotta screw it down NOT up!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 01:32 PM

Yay I missed you Gummy.
Glad you are back.
It must have been a bad storm.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 02:02 PM

well I enjoyed the storm but didn't like gettin cut off in mid-message!! but bein a woodsman brings pleasures and pains!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well I enjoyed the storm but didn't like gettin cut off in mid-message!! but bein a woodsman brings pleasures and pains!
Oh well Gummy we can have some fun later. X
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

02-03-2019, 02:37 PM

promises promises??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 02:59 PM

There seems to be a new twist in insurance selling these days, house insurance, car insurance, and even in pet insurance. the new buzz words are, we offer “a no quibble approach” to all claims.
Well big bloody deal, why should anyone quibble about paying out buttons when they’re raking in billions, my bookie never quibbles when he’s paying me my winnings, actually he smiles and says “More luck to you Jem”
Same with the postmistress, she never quibbles when she’s handing out me pension every Friday, “Nice to see you again Mr. Mac, how are the grandchildren?”
Honestly, they’d try anything to get money off you, they must have been doing an awful lot of quibbling over the years when they have to put it in their new ads that they are now offering a no quibble service or self gagging.
A short section of my guttering fell down after a storm last December, I called the insurance fella “Hello, I want to avail of your no quibbling service, my gutter fell down, can you send out a nice happy man to write me a cheque, I shall be watching his face very closely while he’s writing it and if I see one frown on it I’ll be reporting him to you, thank you”
They sent out the jolliest man I have ever seen, he was dressed in a clowns outfit and singing “Happy days are here again” He presented the wife with a box of chocolates and flowers and me with a bottle of Sandemans Port.
Then I woke up.
That’s my quibble over for the day.

Meet the new "No Quibbles" Insurance investigator.

Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 07:50 PM

Tossing and turning in bed eh? Wassup with that?, well with my condition I canna do either What in tarnation led to that expression arising, not in colloquial or common talk, more in old western cowboy & Indian films, now enjoying an undeserved revival. I may have mentioned that I am prone to falling asleep randomly. I try to guess where I am upon waking & before opening, my eyes. It could be in Waitrose car park, outside of the Labour exchange, Wiliam Hill or Stanleys Surgical appliance emporium. This last building owned by Benny Hill's father. I keep thinking it is Saturday.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 08:07 PM

I acquired 4 tickets for local football match back in the 1980s
I took a friend and both of our preteen sons. I don't follow soccer, but graciously accepted the tickets from a local entrepreneur who mistakenly had come to believe I was a fellow mason, Wrong.
Anyway, at a certain point during the match, the two boys went AWOL.

the place livened up a bit I noticed they were at the front of the balcony leaning over, and spitting on the sea of caps below in the stalls.

I never went again.

I was still shell shocked from taking the offspring to Millenium Dome and the NEC at Birmingham to see the spectacle that is of Pantomime and acrobatics known then as American Wrestling.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

02-03-2019, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Tossing and turning in bed eh? Wassup with that?, well with my condition I canna do either What in tarnation led to that expression arising, not in colloquial or common talk, more in old western cowboy & Indian films, now enjoying an undeserved revival. I may have mentioned that I am prone to falling asleep randomly. I try to guess where I am upon waking & before opening, my eyes. It could be in Waitrose car park, outside of the Labour exchange, Wiliam Hill or Stanleys Surgical appliance emporium. This last building owned by Benny Hill's father. I keep thinking it is Saturday.
It is Saturday Young Robert.
I know Benny Hill Close in Eastleigh.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

02-03-2019, 08:37 PM

I do love penguins.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top