Join for free
Page 102 of 737 « First < 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 602 > Last »
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 12:34 PM

Re: Things that annoy you!

I'm sorry but I am having a moan.
I went out with the dogs for a morning walk, part of which is the Millennium pathway which winds through the park and town. It is also a cyclists path as well as for walkers.
This grown up man on a bike came past us like a bat out of hell. He made both me and the dogs jump out of our skin as there was no warning as he came from behind us. He then rode over the footbridge at full pelt while a lady was coming towards him causing her to stop and flatten herself against the bridge fence. Some people just dont give a thought for others at all.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I went out with the dogs for a morning walk, part of which is the Millennium pathway which winds through the park and town. It is also a cyclists path as well as for walkers.
This grown up man on a bike came past us like a bat out of hell. He made both me and the dogs jump out of our skin as there was no warning as he came from behind us. He then rode over the footbridge at full pelt while a lady was coming towards him causing her to stop and flatten herself against the bridge fence. Some people just dont give a thought for others at all.
Sorry, you were alarmed MC. This thread is for getting all that upset of your chest. xxx

Yes we also do silly at times.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Not surprising these days unfortunately. He was obviously trying to prove a point that he was allowed on the same path as pedestrians (a ridiculous idea in itself). This is where the old iron bar shoved through the spokes trick comes in useful.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 02:14 PM

How annoying when the wrapping on liquers is seeped into and it makes a hell of a sticky mess just trying to sample one or three arghhhhh
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 02:21 PM

Stickers that don't peel off and leave a sticky mess.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 02:29 PM

MC - you now see the usefulness of those little bags filled with dogpoo...y'know,the one's you pick up as you & pooch wander along [coz you want them a bit warm] to 'discourage' ar*eh*les such as him. A faceful of warm dogpoo can be just a TAD disconcerting...well,so I'm informed.

[coz I wouldn't DREAM of slinging the whole bag at a prat who did exactly as you decribed,nor would I laugh at him when he was saying ''Ouch-how unfortunate'' as he lay spreadeagled across the causeway with his bicycle being used as a hat] My pooches,my island,my goodness me,you appear to have had 'an incident'.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Honey! It always goes white before I use it all! I get fed up of putting the jar in hot water just to have a smidge on my cornflakes.
Tesco do a REALLY good 'liquid' honey that's both cheap AND really nice,Tessa. It's not actually liquid-and kept in a fridge,it's just right for toast or cereals. Umm...not that I care-M'kay.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Tesco do a REALLY good 'liquid' honey that's both cheap AND really nice,Tessa. It's not actually liquid-and kept in a fridge,it's just right for toast or cereals. Umm...not that I care-M'kay.
Yep I've tried it, it's good but still goes crystally.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Stickers that don't peel off and leave a sticky mess.
Use spray polish to remove sticky stuff left by label. ( I think Myrtle told me that) or Sticky Stuff Remover.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

06-12-2018, 02:53 PM

Cyclists are a pain when they don't warn you that they're behind you, it only takes your dog to want to venture across the path to sniff something and it would be seriously injured or worse, it could tangle it's lead up in the wheels and pull you into the whole sorry mess too!
They should have something on bikes that make a noise, likewise cars with silent engines sneaking up behind you in narrow lanes!

Page 102 of 737 « First < 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 602 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top