Join for free
Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 10:15 PM

Re: Roy orbison

longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 08:34 AM

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 08:47 AM

I'm on my iPhone so sorry I don't know how to post the link but I was watching the The End of the Line by the Travelling Wilburys the other day....recorded after Roy's death but they had his voice on the track and a rocking chair with his guitar rocking on it in the VT.....I got quite emotional watching it
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm on my iPhone so sorry I don't know how to post the link but I was watching the The End of the Line by the Travelling Wilburys the other day....recorded after Roy's death but they had his voice on the track and a rocking chair with his guitar rocking on it in the VT.....I got quite emotional watching it

There you are Summer enjoy.

Orbison/Harrison and Petty all gone.
I liked all their music but given a choice I would have to say that Petty was my favourite out of them all.

Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->

Great posts LF - thank you -- and Summer - I agree - a very emotional
song -- as are so many of Roy's - you feel the 'pain' of his life I think.
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:32 PM

A long watch but a video of the Traveling Wilburys - one of the last things that Roy did and pretty much what he wanted in life.
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:34 PM

Reading Roy's biography - these guys-top of their game- idolized Roy.
Enjoy the music.
toners
Cheshire

14-02-2019, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes the guys really loved him- well they they couldn't believe how he could sing - the range and depth.
toners
Cheshire

14-02-2019, 10:56 PM

In Melbourne Roy did a gig with the Rolling Stones. They suggested that as a laugh each would sing their worst song. Roy sang Ooby Dooby. The Stones had a laugh and played their usual set. At the end of the series they presented Roy with a silver cigarette case " To Ooby Dooby from the Rolling Stones"

Well make up your own minds about that
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
There you are Summer enjoy.

Orbison/Harrison and Petty all gone.
I liked all their music but given a choice I would have to say that Petty was my favourite out of them all.

Thank you Longfellow

Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top