Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 11:49 PM

Re: Transfer photos from phone to computer

I cocked up about 3 times so I ended up deleting it. Trust you to catch it before I'd deleted it
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I cocked up about 3 times so I ended up deleting it. Trust you to catch it before I'd deleted it
To be honest, I think it was the site that cocked up.

All my pictures were the right way up when I posted them!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Hi.
I hope someone can help solve a problem I have.

I took some photos on my smartphone today and would like to transfer them to my laptop.

I managed to transfer ten of them through gmail. All ten arrived in my Gmail inbox, as expected.

I then tried (several times) to transfer the last three, but these have not arrived in my Gmail inbox. This was a couple of hours ago.

I can't understand what the problem can be. The laptop is connected to the internet via wifi, and the phone is connected using cellular data (I also tried to connect the phone via wifi).

Why should ten pictures transfer but not the last three?

I also tried to use a usb connection, but in that case I can't find the photos on my phone.
Why not open a free Dropbox account? You set it to automatically upload photos taken on your phone. Have Dropbox installed on your computer at home and bingo take photos while you are out and by the time you get home they are on your computer waiting for you. Easy as...

Eventually your Dropbox will fill up (takes years) so you move the photos on your computer to another folder, delete all the photos in Dropbox and start again.

If you do0n't move the photos on your computer dropbox will delete them as they are synchronised however it doesn't remove photos from the source ie your phone.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Why not open a free Dropbox account? You set it to automatically upload photos taken on your phone. Have Dropbox installed on your computer at home and bingo take photos while you are out and by the time you get home they are on your computer waiting for you. Easy as...

Eventually your Dropbox will fill up (takes years) so you move the photos on your computer to another folder, delete all the photos in Dropbox and start again.

If you do0n't move the photos on your computer dropbox will delete them as they are synchronised however it doesn't remove photos from the source ie your phone.
I do have Dropbox, as it happens. Still, not important now as the pictures have transferred by email as I intended.
Thanks anyway.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top