Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 02:46 PM

Re: Issues connecting to the internet

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Thanks Judd. I haven't set any alarms. All Alexa does so far is turn the bedside light on and off. When Alexa woke me this morning........about 5 am ish.....I asked what was happening and Alexa said it was learning!!! Creepy huh?

So I guess downloading something or other.
Does your router have two WiFi frequencies? If so, make sure it's connected to the higher frequency one to prevent interference from other WiFI sources. Mine is connected to the 5GHz one while my devices are on the 2.4Ghz frequency (these devices are designed to work on this frequency for maximum compatibility with the old WiFi standards)
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 06:18 PM

Using the computer's own troubleshooting capabilities might be worth a try. It can sometimes find and fix problems.

Right-click on the Network icon next to the clock and left-click on 'Troubleshoot problems'.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 12:14 PM

My Echo Spot drops out from time to time and I have to reset my internet; funny how it's really the only device I've got which does this.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 01:57 PM

Ah thanks Dreamy.
I have had a few WiFi problems lately.
We have two Echo's, that is it!
I was racking my brains trying to think what was different. Now I know.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top