Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 05:33 PM

Re: Its working well

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Nobody wants it - not the EU, not the Republic, not the UK and not Northern Ireland.
Proving my point about not thinking. The UK put it in as one of their red lines.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Proving my point about not thinking. The UK put it in as one of their red lines.

Because we dont want it

Like everyone else ....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 08:12 PM

Because we dont want it

Like everyone else ....
The backstop is the answer the negotiating parties came up with.
You cannot be against it, as you are advocating all the time that a trade deal will be easy to agree. That should ensure closing such a deal within two years, in which case the backstop never needs to kick in.
If you believe your own brexiter rethoric, the backstop is not a problem for the deal TM brought to the commons.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 08:19 PM

Nobody wants it - not the EU, not the Republic, not the UK and not Northern Ireland.
You’re making things up again
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
You’re making things up again
Who said they will put up a hard border in Ireland ?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-03-2019, 08:53 PM

The backstop is the answer the negotiating parties came up with.
You cannot be against it, as you are advocating all the time that a trade deal will be easy to agree. That should ensure closing such a deal within two years, in which case the backstop never needs to kick in.
If you believe your own brexiter rethoric, the backstop is not a problem for the deal TM brought to the commons.
The backstop is a disaster.

My plan B would be sign the Withdrawal Bill, have 3 months to sort the rest of the bits and bobs out then tear it up.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 09:04 PM

Who said they will put up a hard border in Ireland ?
It’s the natural consequence of a no deal Brexit that many Brexiteers advocate including quite a few on this forum so they must want it
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

08-03-2019, 09:10 PM

My plan B would be sign the Withdrawal Bill, have 3 months to sort the rest of the bits and bobs out then tear it up.
That's the kind of man I had put you down as.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-03-2019, 09:27 PM

That's the kind of man I had put you down as.

Zzzzz
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

08-03-2019, 10:05 PM

The backstop is a disaster.

Only a dishonest man would do that. No wonder on this forum you are accused of making things up (meaning you are a liar).

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top