Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 09:39 PM

Re: Cashless societyl

Various rings out there

Advert

KERV RING CONTACTLESS PAYMENT RING

If You're On This Listing You've Probably Heard About The Smart Ring Kerv Ring Contactless Payment Ring And Want To Get Your Hands On One.

Well There's A Little Bit Of A Wait Ordering Elsewhere, It's Around 4 - 6 Weeks From Placing Order To Delivery As The Beautiful Rings Are Made For You With A Bespoke Service.

There's A Lot Of Tech Packed Into The Contactless Payment Ring And It's Made Of Zirconia Ceramic Which Is The Same Tough Material Used On Space Shuttles And In Nuclear Reactors.

This Makes The Ring Nearly As Scratch Resistant As Diamond, But It Is A Tough Material To Shape And Form Into A Ring With All The Payment Tech Inside, I Waited 6 Weeks For My Own Gorgeous Kerv Life Ring To Be Crafted And Put Together.

Now To Save One Lucky Person That Sort Of Wait I Grabbed An Extra Black Jet Colour Kerv Ring Like My Own Which I Have Ready To Ship Out Right Away.

So On This Listing You Can Grab A Black Jet Kerv Ring And Have It This Week Instead Of Calendar And Letter Box Watching For Weeks Like I Did Until My Kerv Ring Arrived

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	14032220-240F-4259-A6B7-D948E07393BD.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	8961   Click image for larger version

Name:	240E142F-F250-4066-9CC3-39D763B7F4F7.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	8962  
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 09:56 PM

Thanks. 150 pounds,I don't think I'll bother.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Thanks. 150 pounds,I don't think I'll bother.
No one will bother in reality as at the moment they are a gimmick ... look what my ring can do in tescos !!

But if everyone had them then dick Turpin would have a field day robbing people as it’s like having your bank card but no PIN number needed ... they simply take your ring and away they go on a spending spree so they will never become the norm
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 10:52 PM

What about car boot sales, fairs etc, mostly cash passes hands at those, or are they planning on getting rid of all places that only take cash.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 11:26 PM

I was in Asda tonight, the cash register went bonkers and would not accept the young ladies debit card, she did not have cash, I did, I had to wait ages before I could pay, it's all bollocks.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 01:38 PM

I always prefer to have cash in my bag, for paying workmen who do the small things, like the Window Cleaner. How do you send the kids to the shop for a sweetie or milk ect with out cash? There is also the question of pocket money for the kids. No I will not be at all happy to find that cash is no more. Who the blazes thinks up these daft ideas anyway, Scunners the lot of them.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I also refuse to use a 'contactless' card.
Quite right Silver Tabby, they are very vulnerable to fraud. Just think about it, all you need is a battery operated reader in a ruck sack just like the one sitting on the shop counter.

It's true the fraudster would need to be quite close to you but it can happen.

I would urge everyone who uses one of these 'contactless cards' to make sure any one within 2 metres of you move away before using the card

Did anyone see the pathetic response of the Banking Association representaive before the Parliamentary Select committee (Who were looking at computer fraud) Truly pathetic, no answers to questions about criminals 'taking over' someone elses account.

'Contactless' wasn't discussed but I can assure all readers that it's NOT as secure as the banks would have you believe and especially if there is someone close by when you are using it. (Within 2 metres)
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

09-03-2019, 06:53 PM

Daily I look out to see my car still on the drive ask never expect to see it ... why ?
Because it doesn’t have a key , just a fob thing and thieves love them as soooooooo simple to steal and the police /courts do nothing as it isn’t against the law to buy the machine that relays a signal from my fob ( in the house ) to my car outside ... this switches off the alarm , opens the doors, turns ignition on .

https://youtu.be/bR8RrmEizVg

As demonstrated by scum in the above video

So I imagine with a cash less society and everything being electronic then other machines will be made and thrives will be robbing you and you couldn’t do a thing about it
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 06:56 PM

my dad will be really upset if he can't use cash, he has never used his card except to draw money from the bank teller once a week.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 07:41 PM

The usual array of misguided perceptions I see in this thread !

Let's deal with contactless stuff.

Anyone with a contactless bank card SHOULD long ago have purchased an RFID Wallet or purse. With your card in such, no criminal can walk behind you and scan your card. RFID wallets have been available for years. If you were unaware of them then you are hugely out-of-date and un-informed.

Moving on.

The "contactless" element of your bank card is nothing more than a tiny RFID chip which could be held on the tip of your finger. If you know where it is in the card, you could cut it out (destroying the rest of the card) and put it in anything else of your choice. A ring, the end of a magicians wand, anything. Then you could wave your "thing" over the card reader when you pay for stuff.

Probably about 1-2 years ago I posted info up on the forum about where all of this is going. They intend to put that RFID chip under your skin in your hand. Implanted. A simple quick local GP/clinic procedure. Once done you will just be able to wave your hand over a card reader to pay for stuff. At the same time you could wave your hand over a security door reader at the office to gain entry. Lot's of applications.

The entire notion of "money" is hugely flawed. People need to step back and think carefully about what they think they actually have, what they think their wealth is, what they think they actually own and are worth.

If those notions are a number representing cash in a computer system then I would council caution. A time will come when the banking systems will collapse or go down or otherwise be removed. When that happens you will find you are worth . . . nothing. That you own nothing.

FIAT currency is always destined to collapse and very especially if it is NOT backed up and underpinned by some actual asset. years ago the US dollar WAS underpinned by ACTUAL silver and gold. The promise on the bank note meant you could walk into the bank and demand the actual gold of the value of the note.

Fraudulent politicians and banksters have long since eradicated this. Now the bank notes are not underpinned with anything. Your bank notes are literally only worth the paper/linen or now plastic that they are printed on. They won't make much of a tasty meal when the collapse comes I'm afraid.

What we need then are REAL assets that are useful and valuable. Your house is of course the most useful and important asset. Be sure to have paid off any mortgage so that you do own your property. Then get your money into other tangible assets that are either useful for future trade or useful for life.

Having some gold and/or silver in small tradable denomination is sensible. Those things will always retain value in the world. Having other properties or equipment would be good. What will be useful when the banking systems collapse and they effectively rob you of all your perceived wealth? That's all your "cash", "savings" and pensions. Without those what do you have?

Don't get me wrong, I too need to address much of this before it is too late. We must understand that "cash" and numbers in bank accounts are simply worthless. Their perceived value exists only in the mind of people and institutions. Once that perception is gone they are just bits of worthless paper and plastic.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top