Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 12:05 AM

Re: Arguments

Often, they operate in disjointed pairs.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 12:18 AM

Some heart reaching posts here for Queeny.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 12:59 AM

I can't stay mad at anyone within 5 minutes , I am back talking to the
person .. as if nothing had happen ...
I say what I feel , it is over and done with ...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 10:25 AM

My hubby never ever says sorry ...I just accept that now it's just not in his make up.

I dont stay mad for long I tend to bend with the wind...unless it's really serious then watch out if someone really upsets me I cut them out of my life....I can do without that stress
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
My hubby never ever says sorry ...I just accept that now it's just not in his make up.

I dont stay mad for long I tend to bend with the wind...unless it's really serious then watch out if someone really upsets me I cut them out of my life....I can do without that stress
My mother never said sorry .
She would give people the silence treatment for months
She had a sad unhappy life .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I asked my boss this morning if she had had a nice weekend and she told me no, reason being her and her boyfriend who lives with her had had an argument on Friday night and they hadn't spoken since!!

My husband and I never leave the house on an argument and not speaking. The reason is because my husbands Mums and her first husband had a big row one day about him not having a job (a long time ago) so that day he slammed the door and went out on his pushbike never to return, he got killed on his bike. My Mum in law never forgave herself so my husband and I made a pact to never leave the house on an argument.

My boss told me both her and her boyfriend are stubborn people and wouldn't make the first move or apologise, she felt he was in the wrong. She told me she has been so miserable all weekend because of it, I told her he is probably feeling just as miserable as her but she she said she wasn't so sure.

I hope they make it up tonight, I didn't like to think she was feeling so miserable.

Are you like me or are you like my friend and her boyfriend, stubborn and find it hard to make the first move? Do you have a story to tell about such? Look forward to your responses.

Maybe LQ,you and you're husband are more compatible,than friend/partner,...I have been extremely stubborn in the past,I think I still am in certain areas,....I don't have a husband,I have a son,who I would never leave on an argument,...he is 32 and I still tell him I love you!..every time he puts down the phone,he always tells me he loves me too!.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 11:30 AM

Before we married we made a decision we would never call each other names in anger and try to discuss rather than argue. Apart from 2 occasions in 35 years that has been strictly adhered to. I think we are both very bad at arguing we both get hurt very quickly and we both get scared that this might end "us". So it's better we stick to discussing things.

I watched my parents tear each other apart regularly when they were alive and I know I couldn't live like that.

I cannot see the point of staying with someone you don't like. like being different to love.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 11:36 AM

[QUOTE=Julie1962;1659145]

I watched my parents tear each other apart regularly when they were alive and I know I couldn't live like that.

Same here Julie,but sadly carried it into my marriage,if you are in something like that for yrs,it becomes normal to you,for me anyway,...I'm glad you saw that it was wrong,took me yrs to wake up to it.ruddy baggage weighs you down!!.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

12-03-2019, 11:40 AM

[QUOTE=Muddy;1659107]My mother never said sorry .
She would give people the silence treatment for months

I had the same,I often wonder why they couldn't say sorry,maybe they thought I was beneath them,who knows.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->

I find it funny these people who can't say sorry to their partner are able to say sorry to other people …
Example if your husband walks into a person by mistake
would he say sorry to them ???

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top