Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 12:14 AM

Re: I can retire

That is good news.
Enjoy and build sheds.x
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Can I be so rude as to ask your age Primus?

To me...
That'll make the difference...eventually..
I won't be teaching past 57 I hope
Rhian as your are still 21 years old you have along wait then
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 12:22 AM

You'll be bored sh***ss, keep working as long as you can but maybe look for part time work.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 12:26 AM

Oh, and don't believe the man from the PRU, according to the man from Sun Life, I think, I should be a millionaire by now(pre regulation).
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Rhian as your are still 21 years old you have along wait then
Smooth Talkin' Barsteward yer..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
You'll be bored sh***ss, keep working as long as you can but maybe look for part time work.
Actually you could not be further from the truth. When one retires all those jobs put off over the years take up a lot of time. That is not even including a bigger social life and time spent doing what you always wanted to do but never had time for.
Anyway that is what I find have been retired for several years
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 12:31 AM

people that die intestate, ( not leaving a will) the government has the estate that is left until someone makes a claim. As for the house I suspect it would be sold and the money from it also would go into the deceased estate.

If the amount left is worth a bit then companies that do family tracing will
find out those entitled to inherite , even those only remote relatives

That is what I meant RS. Would you want the government to take your property if you had no family, cos I wouldn't.

I imagine I would rather do an equity release and enjoy some money before I snuffed it if I had no one to leave it to.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 12:32 AM

Actually you could not be further from the truth. When one retires all those jobs put off over the years take up a lot of time. That is not even including a bigger social life and time spent doing what you always wanted to do but never had time for.
Anyway that is what I find have been retired for several years
Yes...each to their own
I'm not sure which way I'll go yet..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

13-03-2019, 12:39 AM

Photography allows one to be with others or alone. I tend to find I talk to a lot of people with cameras as it is a common interest.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Excellent news Primus, if you've got plenty of hobbies and/or interests it will be the best thing you'll ever do.....but if you get bored easily then keep working in some kind of capacity....

If you are healthy, fit and well, you are lucky to have reached retirement with plenty of life left, use your time wisely and make Mrs Primus happy.....
Although I'm way off retiring myself, this is what I would have said too. Obviously you need to work out what cash/income/savings you have for the future and then decide.
As Bob says though, keep yourself busy mate.
Enjoy!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top