Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 06:09 PM

Re: Do you believe males and females think differently?

It could be true about multi tasking, Mrs Fox rushes about from one job to the other like a blue arsed fly...Even Maddie the cat runs and hides under my chair when Mrs Fox is 'on one'...I don't know why....There's not much I can do to protect her...

I finish one job and tidy up before moving on to the next. Patience of a saint...
Mrs Fox calls me 'Her Rock' though, because I never panic or get stressed and she comes to me when things get her upset or in a panic....

I do think we were made this way to complement each other, I don't believe you can compare Male and female, we are different.....Beyond the physical.....Obviously...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It could be true about multi tasking, Mrs Fox rushes about from one job to the other like a blue arsed fly...Even Maddie the cat runs and hides under my chair when Mrs Fox is 'on one'...I don't know why....There's not much I can do to protect her...

I finish one job and tidy up before moving on to the next. Patience of a saint...
Mrs Fox calls me 'Her Rock' though, because I never panic or get stressed and she comes to me when things get her upset or in a panic....

I do think we were made this way to complement each other, I don't believe you can compare Male and female, we are different.....Beyond the physical.....Obviously...

You pinched my thoughts exactly, Foxy.

The question wasn't about who could do what better than their spouse, it was do male and female think differently, and yes, I think they do.
They often see situations differently, and care about different things, even get rattled by different things. It's the way it's meant to be.

The thing is though, I totally agree with you saying that we complement each other, mentally and physically, and the two minds working together, kinda make the picture complete.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There is absolutely no doubt that I'm very much more intelligent than my wife.

After all, I chose to marry her while she decided to marry me!
You devil

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think they do think differently, all the men here always know where they are and which way is which whereas us girls and women no idea at all.They are more organised too.
None of them can do more than one thing at once though or do a decent hair braid or bun.
Teach them, Julie, learning a new skill improves brain function.

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yes very much so.. I won't go into details but it can be bad for my blood pressure sometimes.
Oh they can be annoying, but we can also confuse the poor souls.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Yes originally I suppose we were designed that way, but now thoughts on these differences are changing Foxy.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You pinched my thoughts exactly, Foxy.

The question wasn't about who could do what better than their spouse, it was do male and female think differently, and yes, I think they do.
They often see situations differently, and care about different things, even get rattled by different things. It's the way it's meant to be.

The thing is though, I totally agree with you saying that we complement each other, mentally and physically, and the two minds working together, kinda make the picture complete.
I suppose brain-changing experiences may differ between the sexes, playing computer games or video games is better at predicting spatial skills than biological sex.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 08:49 PM

Sorry, but I am an old fart from a different generation.
I ALWAYS HAVE THE LAST SAY IN EVERYTHING.
Why else would he be nicknamed - He who must obey?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
You devil

Teach them, Julie, learning a new skill improves brain function.

Oh they can be annoying, but we can also confuse the poor souls.

Yes originally I suppose we were designed that way, but now thoughts on these differences are changing Foxy.

I suppose brain-changing experiences may differ between the sexes, playing computer games or video games is better at predicting spatial skills than biological sex.

You swallowed a dictionary, Sweetie?

What are you reading that prompted the original question?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You swallowed a dictionary, Sweetie?

What are you reading that prompted the original question?
No, it is the real me. I can't always be the dumb blonde.

I will go back to scatterbrain then.

I was thinking about the Knowledge, for the London taxi drivers, mostly male. But more and more females are now learning.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
No, it is the real me. I can't always be the dumb blonde.

I will go back to scatterbrain then.

I was thinking about the Knowledge, for the London taxi drivers, mostly male. But more and more females are now learning.
Perhaps they always could Sweetie, but were never given the chance....
But however you cut it, a Spanner removes nut and bolts, and a screwdriver removes screws.......A spanner will always be a spanner!... Why try and use it to remove screws?...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 09:59 PM

Male and female brains are wired differently. There is a divide between the two hemispheres and in women this is typically thicker and has infinitely more connections between left and right than the typical male brain. So there is far more going on in a typical woman's head than a man's and in particular emotional thought because they have more access to those parts of the brain.

Because of this most men find it easier to focus on one thing completely whereas in most women the other thoughts get in the way. This enables women to multitask and be excellent communicators but also means they scatter their mental energy somewhat.

This ability to focus and compartmentalise means men can get obsessed about really boring things like sport and find it easier to plan a map route without attaching emotional thoughts to every landmark.

It must be far easier to be a man and be more task focused without all the emotional interference. The down side is that men are far more likely to come up with simple solutions that don't consider every angle (which women will point out to them at length). Then they have a new problem to fix when it goes belly up and women will say "I told you so..."
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 10:02 PM

"Do you believe males and females think differently?"

Yep most definitely.

Females THINK they can drive

Males think women shouldn't drive

Lights blue touch paper and retires . . . . .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 10:06 PM

You see realist a woman doesn't care about what you just said because her emotional intelligence realises that you only say it because you are insecure about other things..!.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top