Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 10:18 PM

Re: Do you believe males and females think differently?

I tend to sort of be, a bit more savvy than the wife, when it comes to computing, setting the recorder, mobile phone use, and car driving. Oh the other hand, I can't cook to save my life, struggle with ironing, washing machine use, and looking after the bills & finances. Needless to say, her indoors excels at the latter. Vive La Difference!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I tend to sort of be, a bit more savvy than the wife, when it comes to computing, setting the recorder, mobile phone use, and car driving. Oh the other hand, I can't cook to save my life, struggle with ironing, washing machine use, and looking after the bills & finances. Needless to say, her indoors excels at the latter. Vive La Difference!!
Does she have a spreadsheet or two?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 11:38 AM

Just thought of something else about male and female brains to women usually 2 inches is just that 2 inches to a man it's about 6 inches at least
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Just thought of something else about male and female brains to women usually 2 inches is just that 2 inches to a man it's about 6 inches at least
Well I can only claim 4" (approx 10cms) but over the years I found most laydees don't like it that thick.

Says me quietly licking my eyebrows into place ------
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 12:27 PM

Daughter tells me I should be more assertive, but when I try she over rules my decision. I really can't win, so go along with her ideas mostly.

When OH was alive, I did defer to him a lot. He was better at most things, even cooking.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 01:39 PM

You said it John .... Vive La Difference!!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Does she have a spreadsheet or two?
Just the ones she sticks on the bed!!
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 06:11 PM

When I first saw this thread my blood ran cold at the very thought I could l could be thinking the same as a female but having read it and seen for myself we think differently I can sleep easy tonight
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There is absolutely no doubt that I'm very much more intelligent than my wife.

After all, I chose to marry her while she decided to marry me!
Naughty boy, females do the choosing - fact

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Sorry, but I am an old fart from a different generation.
I ALWAYS HAVE THE LAST SAY IN EVERYTHING.
Why else would he be nicknamed - He who must obey?
oh humour them. x

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Perhaps they always could Sweetie, but were never given the chance....
But however you cut it, a Spanner removes nut and bolts, and a screwdriver removes screws.......A spanner will always be a spanner!... Why try and use it to remove screws?...
Trying to confuse me on my wine day Foxy?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Male and female brains are wired differently. There is a divide between the two hemispheres and in women this is typically thicker and has infinitely more connections between left and right than the typical male brain. So there is far more going on in a typical woman's head than a man's and in particular emotional thought because they have more access to those parts of the brain.

Because of this most men find it easier to focus on one thing completely whereas in most women the other thoughts get in the way. This enables women to multitask and be excellent communicators but also means they scatter their mental energy somewhat.

This ability to focus and compartmentalise means men can get obsessed about really boring things like sport and find it easier to plan a map route without attaching emotional thoughts to every landmark.

It must be far easier to be a man and be more task focused without all the emotional interference. The down side is that men are far more likely to come up with simple solutions that don't consider every angle (which women will point out to them at length). Then they have a new problem to fix when it goes belly up and women will say "I told you so..."
A sensible post. Yes indeed Annie, I was actually wondering about this gender fluidity, and whether or not it also alters normal thinking patterns in either sex? I then remembered about a twin that lost his penis during a circumcision, he was brought up as a female, but never felt female. So I guess maybe, even those people that have actual sex changes, cannot alter gender thinking??????

Originally Posted by Realist ->
"Do you believe males and females think differently?"

Yep most definitely.

Females THINK they can drive

Males think women shouldn't drive

Lights blue touch paper and retires . . . . .
Love it you devil.

Yes, we all embrace it, but, will new generations???

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Daughter tells me I should be more assertive, but when I try she over rules my decision. I really can't win, so go along with her ideas mostly.

When OH was alive, I did defer to him a lot. He was better at most things, even cooking.
Tiff I am sure you have some very special qualities. x

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
When I first saw this thread my blood ran cold at the very thought I could l could be thinking the same as a female but having read it and seen for myself we think differently I can sleep easy tonight
You can fool yourself Marmy. I bet you look at dresses.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->

A sensible post. Yes indeed Annie, I was actually wondering about this gender fluidity, and whether or not it also alters normal thinking patterns in either sex? I then remembered about a twin that lost his penis during a circumcision, he was brought up as a female, but never felt female. So I guess maybe, even those people that have actual sex changes, cannot alter gender thinking??????
Perhaps people who have gender reassignment have brains that are wired for the opposite sex? Much is down to changes in the womb during development so you have to wonder what all the oestrogen in our water does during gestation.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top