Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 12:45 PM

Returning a watch

One of my watches (a silver Tag which was quite expensive) has developed issues with its not winding properly, something is seriously wrong inside it).

But I worry about taking it back to the shop because I'm not sure if I'll be around to collect it by the time they have sent it off to get it fixed. Normally this would take around 2 months. I know it's a silly idea that's fixed in my head and related to my general anxiety disorders. The watch is in my will.

I've got plenty other watches to wear and watch collecting is one of my hobbies but this has taken a back seat while I've been battling cancer.

What would you do? I still have plenty of time to return it as it has a year or two's guarantee.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 12:47 PM

Re: Returning a watch

Ffosse, I’d return it for repair, your definitely going to be around to collect it
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Ffosse, I’d return it for repair, your definitely going to be around to collect it
Thanks, I hope so. The shop is in the same mall where I'm going to buy food today so I could do it this afternoon.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:19 PM

Return it and leave a note with your will telling the recipient where it is ? that might make you less anxious but I am sure you will be picking it up yourself !
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Return it and leave a note with your will telling the recipient where it is ? that might make you less anxious but I am sure you will be picking it up yourself !
Yes excellent advice.
But I am sure Dreamy will be around.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Hey Ffosse, leaving a note is just the ticket (pun intended) to give you incentive to be well and retrieve your watch yourself!

You can't wimp out then.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

16-03-2019, 04:19 PM

I did go down to the shop and surprised myself by being amongst a normal shopping crowd inside a large shopping centre. It was nice to wander amongst the various shops.

I'm a bit of a watch collector and I returned the Tag then had a look inside another shop - H Samuels it was, Goldsmiths is where I returned my Tag. I said I would never buy another watch, given my illness,but I was seduced by this digital model. I like how stealthy it looks and the inverse display so I bought it.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 04:33 PM

That looks like a nice watch Ffosse, my watches these days have to be what I can see without my reading glasses, I have a nice pink faced one with a flower for each hand and a lilac coloured strap. Big numbers I can see.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

16-03-2019, 04:48 PM

Yes, I found it a little tricky to set up as some of the indicators are quite small and hard to read. But I can read the digits and they light up if it is too dark.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 07:13 PM

Ha, just goes to show, you shouldn’t be let loose near a watch shop...nice watch though..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top