Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 10:56 AM

Re: Is pomegranate the culprit?

I have a glass of sour cherry it's supposed to give you a sunnier disposition, and seems to work but yes I am a bit gassy with it. As my entire diet is vegetarian and I love beans it was with amazement I realised I could be gassier than normal too ! Must be something in the fruit I guess.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Over the last fortnight I've been drinking a small glass of this "superfood" juice every morning..
I feel like it really sets me up for the day!
Ummmm yeah, that'll be the sugar !

Triggering the pleasure receptors in the brain to make you feel great.

POM Wonderful (the one with the curvy bottle) is 14% sugar.

That's 14g sugar per 100ml of product. Horrendous.

The bottle is 710ml in total which means there are 99.4g of sugar in that one bottle.

In more realistic terms that's 25 teaspoonfuls of sugar.

Small wonder it seems to taste great.

As for health benefits . . . it's a complete lie. In terms of the juice that is.

Like so many fruits, the FRUIT ITSELF most certainly IS very healthy but the health comes from the fibre and vitamins in it and those are all discarded to make pommy juice.

You're simply getting all the sugars of the fruit and none of the fibre. Same as Apple juice and orange juice.

The health benefits touted by advertising are simply false. It's just yet another way to market sugar, a hugely unhealthy ingredient that messes and disrupts lots of the body's functions and will just make you fat and ultimately unwell. Sugar is highly addictive and the manufacturers know this which is why they look for endless ways to sell us sugar in disguise.

Have a read of this article for confirmation:

POM Wonderful: Fruit juice is not the same as fruit

https://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eat...-same-as-fruit
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 11:17 PM

Oh don't be such a killjoy Realist! If Rhian wants glowing skin and pomegranate farts then she should be entitled to have them guilt free!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 11:21 PM

Told you!.....
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 07:48 AM

You should be eating the whole fruit , the seeds are packed with goodness and safe to eat . The pomegranate arils (seeds) are also sweet, with one cup containing 24 grams of sugar and 144 calories. ... They are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and bioactive plant compounds, but they also contain some sugar.
If you just have the juice yes it contains Vit C and high in sugar . All fruit juices contain sugar . One pomegranate 230cals .
You could change to kiwi friut low in calories and bursting with goodness. I eat them like a boiled egg slice off the top and scoop out .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
You should be eating the whole fruit , the seeds are packed with goodness and safe to eat . The pomegranate arils (seeds) are also sweet, with one cup containing 24 grams of sugar and 144 calories. ... They are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and bioactive plant compounds, but they also contain some sugar.
If you just have the juice yes it contains Vit C and high in sugar . All fruit juices contain sugar . One pomegranate 230cals .
You could change to kiwi friut low in calories and bursting with goodness. I eat them like a boiled egg slice off the top and scoop out .

I remember doing that when we were kids, Ripple.
We used to sit and pick the seeds out with a pin. Kept us quiet for ages.
Come to think of it, that was probably the idea!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I remember doing that when we were kids, Ripple.
We used to sit and pick the seeds out with a pin. Kept us quiet for ages.
Come to think of it, that was probably the idea!
Hi

Yes, great fun wasn't it Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes, great fun wasn't it Mups.

Yes, it was Swims.
Nowadays we'd probably get into trouble for giving kids a pin!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 09:42 PM

How to open and eat a pomegranate

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
You should be eating the whole fruit , the seeds are packed with goodness and safe to eat .
Am I the only one who was brought up to believe that swallowing things like seeds would give you appendicitis?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top