Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 05:03 PM

Re: Bercow to make a Statement at 3.30pm

Oh right, thanks Meg. It must be me mesmerised by that pygmy idiot chuntering away loving the sound of his own voice!

Well, this is a can of worms! They will try anything to stop Brexit. And where is the only other choice we had? no deal? voted off the table by Remainers.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 05:04 PM

I think Bercow has just said he won't allow a third vote unless what Theresa May comes back to the table with is different from the other two proposals.

Breaking News
"Speaker John Bercow has dramatically BLOCKED Theresa May from bringing back her Brexit deal for a third meaningful vote in the House of Commons, unless the Government makes "substantial" changes.
In a bombshell for the Prime Minister, he said Commons rules say the same motion "in substance...may not be brought forward again during that same session."
In an unexpected statement in the House of Commons, Bercow cited regulations dating back to 1604."
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Oh right, thanks Meg. It must be me mesmerised by that pygmy idiot chuntering away loving the sound of his own voice!

Well, this is a can of worms! They will try anything to stop Brexit. And where is the only other choice we had? no deal? voted off the table by Remainers.
Hi

The No Deal vote was not binding SG.

The default position now is that we leave in two weeks with or without a deal.

That is the law and MPs would have to have a new vote to change the law.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 05:20 PM

Having listened to the responses to the points of order, I don't think this is a definitive 'no' to another vote more a case of the Speaker saying 'make no mistake I am in charge and will have the final say if there is or is not to be another vote also I am not happy time wasting that has taken place'
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

The pygmy has just confirmed (when prompted by an MP to speak in plain language that ordinary people can understand!) that if the withdrawal agreement is the same or very similar to the other two that were rejected, it will not be allowed to take place.

What I want to know, is why has he waited for the third vote to grab the limelight on behalf of Remainers? Why not the second vote which was no different from the first? Is it because there was a good chance that this one would actually go though?
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think Bercow has just said he won't allow a third vote unless what Theresa May comes back to the table with is different from the other two proposals.

Breaking News
"Speaker John Bercow has dramatically BLOCKED Theresa May from bringing back her Brexit deal for a third meaningful vote in the House of Commons, unless the Government makes "substantial" changes.
In a bombshell for the Prime Minister, he said Commons rules say the same motion "in substance...may not be brought forward again during that same session."
In an unexpected statement in the House of Commons, Bercow cited regulations dating back to 1604."
The PM was having a laugh, you must admit, bringing the same deal back to the HOC after her Whips had been twisting arms on the sidelines.

I can't really see that Bercow had much of a choice.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 05:22 PM

This could actually work in Mays favour signalling to the EU that there must be substantial changes to the withdrawal agreement (ie the backstop) .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

18-03-2019, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
The PM was having a laugh, you must admit, bringing the same deal back to the HOC after her Whips had been twisting arms on the sidelines.

I can't really see that Bercow had much of a choice.
POINT OF ORDER!!! Article 50 went through the house, Every MP voted it though. Surely they too should adhere to the same and not be allowed another vote! ever!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 05:28 PM

This could be bad for us ordinary mortals.
If it transpires that he blocks Mays vote she will not be able to ask EU
for a. short extension to put her deal into effect,assuming she wins
the MV on tuesday.
This in turn means that the only options left will be NO BREXIT or
a long extension to WA,which are basically the same thing.
If these events take place l think the dwarf had better start to
make arrangements to emigrate!
Yours in anger. Donkeyman. PS. I need to think this through some more,has anybody got different opinions?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

18-03-2019, 05:29 PM

I truly hope so Meg. but why do I get the awful feeling that once again, Leave voters are being stitched up, with the Remain loving Speaker at the helm.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top