Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 11:48 AM

Have you ever been an extra in a film?

I was, in 1980 I played a schoolboy in a children's film which is long forgotten and I never got to see. I was filmed playing football, walking into the school building, and sat at a desk during an exam. The make-up lady gave me some ink smudges on my face. I was paid the princely sum of £15 (which was quite a lot of money for a 14 year old back then).

Filming took 3 days at the school which is very close to where I now live.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 12:13 PM

Re: Have you ever been an extra in a film?

No I haven't but I would have loved to have been an extra for the Charge of the Light Brigade!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 12:13 PM

My brother who is 69, and lives in Bishop Auckland, is an ‘Extra’ and has appeared on, Vera and Judge John Deed. He got good pay and a meal.
He has just auditioned to be a thug on Vera!

This week he did an advert for Memory pillows in a town centre and got £100 for 20 minutes work.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My brother who is 69, and lives in Bishop Auckland, is an ‘Extra’ and has appeared on, Vera and Judge John Deed. He got good pay and a meal.
He has just auditioned to be a thug on Vera!

This week he did an advert for Memory pillows in a town centre and got £100 for 20 minutes work.
Wow that's good .
Mr M and I fancied being extras on The walking Dead ( if we lived in the US)
We felt this would not tax our acting skills !
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 12:42 PM

Does being caught on a supermarket CCTV count?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Wow that's good .
Mr M and I fancied being extras on The walking Dead ( if we lived in the US)
We felt this would not tax our acting skills !
Muddy, My brother has an agent who gets him the parts.
They are only walk on parts like, a hospital visitor walking along a corridor!
He likes to be photographed with some of the stars as he is such a poseur!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 12:46 PM

I haven't been an extra but in the '70's a friend of mine played an American army officer in the film "Yanks" while scenes were being filmed at Happy Valley Road, Llandudno, North Wales:

That's not him in the photo but he had to wear the same type of uniform - so smart that he asked if he could keep it but, unsurprisingly, they refused .....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 02:04 PM

A member of my family by marriage (daughter of my brother’s ex wife, well one of them, lol) once appeared in Outside Edge. She just had to sit on a rug with others at the periphery of a cricket game. Noticeable by her white blonde hair.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 02:18 PM

I don,t know if this would count as an 'extra' but may years ago I was the 'star' of a TV advert. It showed me driving my lorry into a farm with a load of ICI fertilizer. It then showed me unloading the fertilizer,
I wondered why I was issued with a brand new white pair of overalls and had my lorry cleaned and polished before I left. I was in the dark when I set out and on arrival at the farm was told to "Hang on a minute, we,re not ready yet". Pleased to say stardom did not go to my head.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
A member of my family by marriage (daughter of my brother’s ex wife, well one of them, lol) once appeared in Outside Edge. She just had to sit on a rug with others at the periphery of a cricket game. Noticeable by her white blonde hair.
Although I'm not a cricket fan, Outside Edge is one of my favourite TV series ever - I even bought the DVD set!

Do you happen to know which episode she was in?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top