Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 07:34 PM

Re: Have you ever been an extra in a film?

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Fifteen bob? I got nowt!
You know what they say is the best thing to put around roses to make them grow?
I remember the neighbours running out to collect the horse muck after the milkman's horse has passed by. She was a lovely cob named Molly, which made my Mother mad as it was her name too. I'd feed the horse Molly with carrots. She wouldn't leave our house until she got one. I must have been around 4 as I wasn't at school yet.
I always loved horses which is why I ended up working with them. I didn't even mind mucking out the stables.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 07:49 PM

Six of us from Ballet School were extras in a film - whose name escapes me - but it was about the life of a composer. We had to wear Georgian gowns and powdered wigs for a ballroom scene - which was great fun.

Afterward when it came to the cinema I went with some friends to show off my 5 mins of fame - and couldn't even recognise myself because of the very heavy make up and the huge wig. What larks!! Never lived that one down.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 08:11 PM

Never been an extra but when The Child was a baby I applied to be an extra. Got a call the week after I applied and they wanted me to go to London and I'd be away for a few days. No way could I do that, I really hadn't thought anything out had I!. Wharra a plonker! I obviously removed myself from their list

My friend from childhood was once in a blockbuster in the 70s - part of a crowd scene ... no idea now what it was.

There was a father of one of the kids at daughter's primary school who was an extra. He's a regular on Corrie or was. I don't watch it personally, but I made an effort to watch it for a while to see if he really would be on - and he was in the background of the pub (can't remember the name of it). Odd looking chap too.

Does being in a film for ICI count? I earned either £20 or £25 for sitting in the dentist chair for a very short period of time doing nothing. It was making an ad for Hibiscrub
Shelfordian
New Member!
Bedfordshire, England
Shelfordian is male 

24-03-2019, 11:43 AM

I was a Merchant Ivory extra, no less, in Maurice!

Got paid £20 for a day wandering aimlessly to and fro on Clare Bridge. This must have been about April 1987.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 11:46 AM

A dear friend ,now departed, played an extra in "Carry on Camping" she had an equity card but her job was with costumes mainly.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 11:58 AM

Well, it seems quite a few members here have been close to stardom. I often walk past the school where my film was shot and say to myself, was that really 39 years ago?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 12:07 PM

All the schools I went to have been demolished and now new housing complexes
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
All the schools I went to have been demolished and now new housing complexes
The secondary school I went to is now demolished and is being made into a housing complex. My primary school still proudly stands.
Shelfordian
New Member!
Bedfordshire, England
Shelfordian is male 

24-03-2019, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Well, it seems quite a few members here have been close to stardom. I often walk past the school where my film was shot and say to myself, was that really 39 years ago?
Oh, I've been close to stardom in other ways too.

For instance, I can truthfully say that the last time I raced Colin Jackson over the hurdles (Southern Counties under 17 championships final, 1983, Barnet Copthall stadium) he came second!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

24-03-2019, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Shelfordian ->
Oh, I've been close to stardom in other ways too.

For instance, I can truthfully say that the last time I raced Colin Jackson over the hurdles (Southern Counties under 17 championships final, 1983, Barnet Copthall stadium) he came second!
Well done!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top