Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 11:10 PM

Re: Would You Live In A Murder House?

Originally Posted by astrolady ->
I beleive whatever happens inside a house determines how people pick up on the atmosphere it retains. We are all psychic but some just "tune in" to it naturally whilst others just can't grasp it.

When hubby and myself ,many years ago ,was looking for an exchange of house ( when we had a council house) we had a viewing a few streets away. As soon as we went through the door i felt claustrophobic and started choking. I felt embarrassed and preceded to view the upstairs after finding the downstairs very suitable for our family. The further we went upstairs (each step was harder !) the more i felt like fainting and the stench was disgusting. I made some excuse to hubby and the tenants that i didn't feel well so we thanked them and left. A few weeks later,after we'd chosen a different house, a neighbour told me there'd been a suicide there. Apparently a man had took some pills and vodka,went to bed and placed a huge plastic bag over his head . This had happened only 9 weeks before we viewed it.
Was the body still there then
astrolady
Field
astrolady is female  astrolady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 11:24 PM

Hahaa,no Meg. I just sensed everything.I get "feelings" about people/things....hard to explain. Some of the family call me a witch LOl !
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 11:35 PM

Hahaa,no Meg. I just sensed everything.I get "feelings" about people/things....hard to explain. Some of the family call me a witch LOl !
If you get all these 'revelations' - and apparently you do - how then do you cope with it? I would be overwhelmed and distraught at the stuff you say you can see. I struggle with stuff I can see never mind what I can't. You hit the bottle every now and then to curb your imagination or thought processes? I did this at one time for quite a lengthy period as it was the only way to curb my run away mind. I purposely killed my thought processes by getting completely hammered on hard booze.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 12:15 AM

I beleive whatever happens inside a house determines how people pick up on the atmosphere it retains. We are all psychic but some just "tune in" to it naturally whilst others just can't grasp it.

When hubby and myself ,many years ago ,was looking for an exchange of house ( when we had a council house) we had a viewing a few streets away. As soon as we went through the door i felt claustrophobic and started choking. I felt embarrassed and preceded to view the upstairs after finding the downstairs very suitable for our family. The further we went upstairs (each step was harder !) the more i felt like fainting and the stench was disgusting. I made some excuse to hubby and the tenants that i didn't feel well so we thanked them and left. A few weeks later,after we'd chosen a different house, a neighbour told me there'd been a suicide there. Apparently a man had took some pills and vodka,went to bed and placed a huge plastic bag over his head . This had happened only 9 weeks before we viewed it.

You must be very sensitive Astrolady. Sometimes a good thing and sometimes not.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 12:50 AM

Some really fascinating stories people. I've never experienced anything myself but many people have reported some very creepy things, ooooooh kideees!

Ibelievethemall, whatcanIsay? ��
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 07:07 AM

When I lived in New Jersey for a couple of years I stayed with a friend for a while who owned a large house which had been the home to a family who were murdered by the father (mother and two children I believe).

It never seemed to bother him, but when I got up in the middle of the night for a glass of water and stood in the large hall-way in the darkness, it gave me the creeps that's for sure!

Our previous house was the possible scene of a murder as when it was being built (over 60 years prior to our ownership) a work-man fell from the roof to his death (it was a 3-storey house) and according to a couple of people who were there that day, somebody had been lurking around who didn't belong there.

To think that a stranger managed to get up to the roof of a half-built house to push a man to his death however seems pretty far fetched to me, but you never know.

To answer the question though, I would live in a murder house, but it would always prey on my mind nonetheless.
Dorothyinoz
New Member!
Florida, US
Dorothyinoz is female 

15-04-2014, 11:16 PM

The house my husband and I bought a few months ago was the site of a suicide (or murder) depending on who you talk to. I don't have a problem with any of that.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2014, 01:17 AM

That's great Dorothy. I couldn't for sure. Then again, I can't watch some old horror movies from decades ago because they scare me, lol!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2014, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
My house is Victorian and built in the 1880s

How many people died here and how they died is something I guess I could discover fairly easily, being into family history and having contacts.

As for violent deaths:
Well, if you go back a little way or a few centuries, then I guess you will find death, destruction, battles and the like anywhere.

This plot (house and garden) could be chock-a-block with corpses, murdered or death from natural causes.

Doesn't bother me that these bricks and mortar 'hold' anything odd
I am with you Rachel, our house built in 1865 must have seen many deaths, and yes I do see somebody there occasionally, I wouldn't have known unless my Jazz {dog} pointed it out one day, she wouldn't go upstairs till I had gone first.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2014, 07:01 PM

I dont think it would worry me to much .....OK I wouldn't like to live in a serial killers house where there may have been multiple killings I.E. Fred West...I have a ghost in my house we call him Henry ..I dont know the story if there is one but things disappear and re-appear at random and we get the odd noise or bang ...we just talk to and humour him ....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top