Join for free
Page 11 of 35 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 08:50 AM

Re: Who are all these people ''viewing??

It's a bit like when some say a forum is boring, unless they contribute and start interesting threads really the other members are not the problem. A forum is as good as the person contributing IMO.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 08:50 AM

When I see heated arguments going on and members shooting darts at each other, I tut, shake my head and 'walk' away from it. In other words, I refuse to get involved and will not jump in and add my bit.

I respect everyone on here: I personally don't see a clique, but some members do post more than others. Fine if they have the time to do so. When I'm at a less active stage of my life maybe I'll be on here a lot more. Who knows?

I sometimes cruise around the threads, and if I have a view or an opinion I'll post it. I will certainly NOT be drawn into on screen arguments and personal attacks and steer well clear: you're all adults and can sort yourselves out!!

As to the original question, if there is some information, help or advice I am after, I Google it, find a forum and browse, hopefully finding my answer. If the forum looks interesting, or I need to be a member to post in depth questions, then I may probably join up.

I often get posts ignored. So what? My words may not be worthy of an answer. I don't answer every single post on here either. I'd be here all day.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's a bit like when some say a forum is boring, unless they contribute and start interesting threads really the other members are not the problem. A forum is as good as the person contributing IMO.
That is of course true.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 09:08 AM

Jazzi
I often get posts ignored. So what? My words may not be worthy of an answer. I don't answer every single post on here either. I'd be here all day
sometimes your posts just get to the point and don't need an answer they are the answer !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

25-04-2014, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Jazzi sometimes your posts just get to the point and don't need an answer they are the answer !
Yes, agree there too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-04-2014, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yes, agree there too.
Careful we will be the new clique
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
When I see heated arguments going on and members shooting darts at each other, I tut, shake my head and 'walk' away from it. In other words, I refuse to get involved and will not jump in and add my bit.

I respect everyone on here: I personally don't see a clique, but some members do post more than others. Fine if they have the time to do so. When I'm at a less active stage of my life maybe I'll be on here a lot more. Who knows?

I sometimes cruise around the threads, and if I have a view or an opinion I'll post it. I will certainly NOT be drawn into on screen arguments and personal attacks and steer well clear: you're all adults and can sort yourselves out!!

As to the original question, if there is some information, help or advice I am after, I Google it, find a forum and browse, hopefully finding my answer. If the forum looks interesting, or I need to be a member to post in depth questions, then I may probably join up.

I often get posts ignored. So what? My words may not be worthy of an answer. I don't answer every single post on here either. I'd be here all day.
Good post, Jazzi. I can see why some think there is a bit of a clique, but I think it is just that there are some who post here a lot more than others, and some who have developed online friendships more than others over time.

Also agree with Julie saying "What will drive people away is threads critical of members or the forum." Most of us come on here for a bit of fun, and when spats occur it encourages us to move on.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 10:50 AM

Absolutely right - we don't need or want confrontation, some people seem to revel in it, then - I get me dander up - otherwise I'm very chirpy
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
from henceforth let all cliqueness cease!! and all be equal in the eyes of the moderators!

I thought that's how it was anyway Gumbud.
I thought we're mostly a happy bunch.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-04-2014, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I thought that's it was anyway Gumbud.
I thought we're mostly a happy bunch.
Yep most of us are !

Page 11 of 35 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top