Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 03:07 PM

scary movie

Does anyone remember seeing their first scary movie?

On holiday in Millport, we all went to the midnight movies to see The Fall of the House of Usher.

Well - at one point I let out a scream - the part where she was put into the coffin alive and she went mad and her blood stained fingernails burst out of the side of the coffin I'll never forget it!!

I hasten to add I've since bought the film on Amazon and was actually laughing . It was scary at 10 years old!
Pappy
Scotland UK
Pappy is male  Pappy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 03:10 PM

Re: scary movie

Is this the one you mean Alice?

http://youtu.be/V0Xe7TdClbA
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 03:14 PM

It sure is. Thanks
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 03:17 PM

Don't remember my first one, but I do remember 2 movies that made me shiver lol Carrie, however Carrie made me jump at the last scene of movie, that is what made my heart race !!! The other one was a made for TV movie, not so much a horror film as we would think, but ohhh so terrifying, I don't remember the name of the movie, but it had all to do with a man that was in the house calling the woman of the house and asking her to be careful because he would get her children (who were sleeping) anyways something like that lol

This was years ago, my 2 sons were very small, it got to me so much I had to go and check on them, several times during the movie, and couldn't sleep at all that night !!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

03-08-2014, 03:26 PM

Yes Carrie was a scary one!! Think we all thought that.

The scariest film I've ever seen in my life was The Exorcist. I didn't sleep for weeks after that. It was just horrible.

Needless to say, my sons saw it and were in hysterics laughing!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 04:22 PM

I remember seeing Ken Russell's "The Devils" and when I came out I told myself that I would never go and see another horror movie...........and I haven't done so.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 04:28 PM

I remember all the hooha about the Exorcist, protests outside cinemas and goodness knows what else, so of course I wanted to see it. I went with my then husband and a friend of his, I came out wondering what on earth all the fuss was about. I also remember seeing a Frankenstein film many years ago where he was "supposedly" feeding human raw flesh to a Chimpanzee, it made me laugh because anyone with half a brain could easily see it was a tomato.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 04:36 PM

Oooer, how did she get out of a chained coffin?
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I remember all the hooha about the Exorcist, protests outside cinemas and goodness knows what else, so of course I wanted to see it. I went with my then husband and a friend of his, I came out wondering what on earth all the fuss was about. I also remember seeing a Frankenstein film many years ago where he was "supposedly" feeding human raw flesh to a Chimpanzee, it made me laugh because anyone with half a brain could easily see it was a tomato.
Yes I went to the cinema..''The Exorcist''..St John ambulances were in evidence.I waited to be ''possessed''..nothing happened..
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 05:51 PM

I remember watching Psycho, the original, thinking it was gripping so not exactly scary - The Exorcist was bad, at that time and Jaws scared me a bit, too!!

I think you'd be the one doing the possessing, lilac!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top