Join for free
Page 50 of 52 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 52 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2010, 01:47 PM

Re: The insomniacs thread

I know what you mean Dandysmom, I sometimes have lovely dreams, and I think a lot of dreams happen when you are in the shallow part of the sleep cycle. Sometimes when I have a particularly pleasant dream and find I have woken, I try to get back to the dream because I know I will have forgotten what it was all about a bit later in the day.
Mind you, if the dream is more like a nightmare, it seems harder to forget and I will sometimes have a similar dream again. One time after I had surgery and was coming out of the anaesthetic I said to the nurses "I have had a wonderful dream" and I felt so happy. I could not remember a thing about the dream other than it was a lovely one. Aren't we strange (or maybe I am strange)
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2010, 07:46 PM

Insominia is something I don't suffer from thank goodness. Go to bed at 9.00, listen to either radio 4 or 7 and then usually asleep by 9.30. Wake up at 6.00 when dogs need their breakfast. Mind you, I dream for England, every night. All this without any pills. What's the betting that I don't sleep tonight now
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 08:16 AM

I usually spend a couple of hours awake in the night, but can't access the computer even if I felt so inclined as it is situated in my husband's bedroom, not mine!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
I usually spend a couple of hours awake in the night, but can't access the computer even if I felt so inclined as it is situated in my husband's bedroom, not mine!
I got a little laptop Qetta and its wireless. At the moment I am in bed using it - its a good way to wind down last thing and when you turn off you don't have to get out of bed
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I got a little laptop Qetta and its wireless. At the moment I am in bed using it - its a good way to wind down last thing and when you turn off you don't have to get out of bed
I have a laptop too, although it is on loan to one of my children at present. I spend enough time on the computer during the day to even consider using it in the wee small hours. Besides which, I would probably get in the deep proverbial with my husband if I did, as the activity might cause disturbance to him, even though he has his own room.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 02:37 AM

Just popped in to see if anyone else was still awake .... but no, seems like you are all in the Land of Nod I'm sat here enjoying a nice cup of tea and a digestive biscuit, have completed a couple of sudoku puzzles and done the crossword......and still feel wide awake!

Any tips for getting to sleep will be most welcome!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 03:01 AM

Sorry you're having trouble sleeping, Mags. Do you have an old Inland Revenue booklet around explaining the filing instructions/exemptions/exceptions and other deadly minutiae? That is enough to put anyone to sleep if it's anything like our Internal Revenue forms!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Sorry you're having trouble sleeping, Mags. Do you have an old Inland Revenue booklet around explaining the filing instructions/exemptions/exceptions and other deadly minutiae? That is enough to put anyone to sleep if it's anything like our Internal Revenue forms!
good one, Eileen, love your sense of humour!
CritterMum
West Mifflin, United States
CritterMum is female  CritterMum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 12:17 PM

I have been up since 0400 due to this blasted flu virus. The flu medication is not letting me sleep long; the cough drops for my throat make me sicker; feverish, chills, etc. I sure hope this flu virus is gone soon.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

26-09-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by CritterMum ->
I have been up since 0400 due to this blasted flu virus. The flu medication is not letting me sleep long; the cough drops for my throat make me sicker; feverish, chills, etc. I sure hope this flu virus is gone soon.
I hope you'll feel better soon CritterMum ...

Page 50 of 52 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 52 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top