Join for free
Page 102 of 102 « First < 2 52 92 100 101 102
astrolady
Field
astrolady is female  astrolady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 04:27 PM

Re: Chinwaggers

Hi Azz

Myself,i think a Chit Chat thread would be great. We had one on our forum called Chatterbox, a daily thread for general chit chat which was used continuously.

When we first came here we wanted to find each other quickly till we found our way round the place as it was much bigger than the forum we had. In no way do we want to seem "cliquey" and we're glad other members add to it and we've made lovely new friends here.
Although i don't log in every day i've got used to it and love the site.

Don't use a chatroom but maybe the others might like one.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 04:31 PM

A chit chat thread is a great idea Azz- thank you.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 04:33 PM

I think its great idea Azz....
Do we get to decorate the room any colour we like ? ;0)
astrolady
Field
astrolady is female  astrolady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
I think its great idea Azz....
Do we get to decorate the room any colour we like ? ;0)
Ooo Baggy, how about pink with purple spots ?

Nahh... a nice magnolia will do eh ?

OMG is that the time ?
Hubby'll be wondering when i'm doing his tea. Lol
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 04:47 PM

I'm glad you like the idea guys!

Ok, so one of you can go ahead and post it (a new thread in this section) and please copy and paste the following title and body:

Title: Chit Chat Thread
Welcome to the chit-chat thread, the place to come and chat about nothing in particular or anything and everything! Just pop on and say hi, and see where the conversation leads :-)

Everyone's welcome, members new and old :023:
And yes of course, you can decorate the room any colour you like
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 04:51 PM

Hi Azz

Yes, Chit Chat sounds good to me.

A chat room is worth a try, if it doesn't work, then you've tried.

I entered one by mistake a few days ago. Although it was fast going - needed to type quick - I thought it was fun. They were people I didn't know, but I "know" folk on here now - a lovely bunch of people (with the odd exception!!) so I wouldn't be chatting to strangers. Mind you, I spend enough time on here as it is, so I'd probably be on all day!!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Hi Azz

Yes, Chit Chat sounds good to me.

A chat room is worth a try, if it doesn't work, then you've tried.

I entered one by mistake a few days ago. Although it was fast going - needed to type quick - I thought it was fun. They were people I didn't know, but I "know" folk on here now - a lovely bunch of people (with the odd exception!!) so I wouldn't be chatting to strangers. Mind you, I spend enough time on here as it is, so I'd probably be on all day!!
Unfortunately our 'chat rooms' are just normal forum sections called chat rooms

We tried a proper 'chat room' many years on ago on Dogsey, but it ended up being too much trouble where some people ended up fighting (think it was the booze talking! lol)

Hence we went with the safer option of using a stripped down forum section instead, although even that got a bit hairy sometimes

Shall we give the chit chat thread a go first, then if we think we need it we can think about adding a chat room section on the forum
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 04:57 PM

OK, have started the new thread

Thank you Azz.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

22-04-2013, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
OK, have started the new thread

Thank you Azz.
Excellent, thank you

I'll close this thread now, and we can all move to the shiny new thread

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=12211

Page 102 of 102 « First < 2 52 92 100 101 102

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top