Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 06:16 PM

Would You Live In A Murder House?

Would you buy a house knowing someone had been brutally murdered?

We live in a very quaint village (outer edge actually) & this exact thing happened. There's a parcel of vacant land beside our property then the county road. On that side of the cty rd, about 5 years ago, a woman was brutally shot many times by her teenage son.

Violence can happen anywhere btw but its awful to see this house & be reminded of what took place, although we don't think about it as often as before. A man came a year later, totally revamped the house & a young couple has lived there for the past two years
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 06:22 PM

Re: Would You Live In A Murder House?

Hi AC I guess if you live in an old house there will have been some deaths there.
I wouldn't particularly like to live in a house where there had been a nasty murder though I am not superstitions and don't believe in ghosts.

Some houses associated with horrible murders have been pulled down here.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Would you buy a house knowing someone had been brutally murdered?

We live in a very quaint village (outer edge actually) & this exact thing happened. There's a parcel of vacant land beside our property then the county road. On that side of the cty rd, about 5 years ago, a woman was brutally shot many times by her teenage son.

Violence can happen anywhere btw but its awful to see this house & be reminded of what took place, although we don't think about it as often as before. A man came a year later, totally revamped the house & a young couple has lived there for the past two years
I would 'not' live in a house where a murder took place, I believe buildings hold memories - so not for me ......
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 06:51 PM

It wouldn't bother me at all. A house is just bricks and mortar and I don't believe walls can absorb violence or evil. If the price and location were right I'd go for it like a shot.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 07:09 PM

I love my true crime books, films, documentaries, you name it but no I couldn't live in a house where a murder took place. People say to me ''the house didn't kill anyone'' I know that's true but still couldn't do it.
Jeffrey Dahmer's house is up for grabs if anyone's interested!!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 08:50 PM

The mind can play all sorts of games - as we all know. Being alone in such a house would probably get my brain working overtime and who knows what it would conjure up.

Not for me thanks - pass on that one.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 08:52 PM

I'm the same Cranberry, love all the murder mysteries and horror, but never would I willingly live in a house where someone was murdered, I'm funny with houses there's something about them and I think they always retain a bit of what happened within their walls, but thats just me.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 10:15 PM

My house is Victorian and built in the 1880s

How many people died here and how they died is something I guess I could discover fairly easily, being into family history and having contacts.

As for violent deaths:
Well, if you go back a little way or a few centuries, then I guess you will find death, destruction, battles and the like anywhere.

This plot (house and garden) could be chock-a-block with corpses, murdered or death from natural causes.

Doesn't bother me that these bricks and mortar 'hold' anything odd
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 07:41 AM

Can't say it would worry me too much we lived in a house where a man had previously committed suicide and nothing untoward happened so I can't imagine anything awful would occur if it was a murder. Many people must live in houses where murders have occurred and never even know about it anyway.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 08:37 AM

Its whether they are 'happy' there ......
When people came to our house, they would say it had a 'lovely' feel .....
There is something to it .....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top