Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 09:55 PM

Would you like a new homepage and 'News' section?

On Dogsey, we have updated the homepage so that latest news can be posted by members - what do you think about having something like that here?

http://www.dogsey.com

All news is posted by members who have been registered for a little while and have a number of posts under their belt. It's not too different to posting news on the forum, just those threads will go into a nice news section

Here, on over50sforum we could label it 'In The News' - and it's where you could post news which you feel is worthy of being promoted on Over50sforum (a short paragraph, a quote from the story, and the link). It's proved pretty popular on Dogsey

We'd still have the list of latest threads on the right hand side and we could add a featured threads section too - so very similar to the Dogsey homepage.

The forum homepage we have now, would still be here, just added to the top nav in between 'Home' and 'Control Panel' as 'Forum'.

Not sure when/if I'd get time to do it - so it all depends on how interested you all are...

Please let me know what you think
astrolady
Field
astrolady is female  astrolady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2014, 12:07 AM

Re: Would you like a new homepage and 'News' section?

I like the look of the Dogsey homepage so yes ...why not ?

I'm all for improvements in anything and if it involves the actual members getting a front-page posting,they'll think they're famous. Lol !

Seriously though,some people say "anything new doesn't mean it's better". I used to say that but am wiser and say "give it a try 'cos you've nothing to lose"
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2014, 05:37 AM

I'm easy either way Azz.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2014, 07:31 AM

Yes and anyone not wanting news instantly (like to check on our own members before national news) you can like I do with dogsey not save the front page as a favourite just save the normal forum page, thus ignoring the news until you have checked on you friends.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2014, 10:05 AM

Not really Azz - I like the format here, also - we have a current affairs thread. So, see no real point to it, that's me though aint it
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2014, 10:20 AM

I'm not that keen, Azz. I like the current format too, and we already have a current affairs section.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2014, 03:39 PM

I'm used to how it is here. If it's not broken, leave it alone I say.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2014, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
I'm used to how it is here. If it's not broken, leave it alone I say.
I always like that approach to life generally
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2014, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I always like that approach to life generally
So true - in a lot of cases too
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

13-04-2014, 08:25 PM

I have a question, on the dogsey home page at the moment is a news story that has given rise to a nasty spat about who said what and twisted words (I am not involved ) but do we really want a page that could lead to disagreements being first thing people see ? Cause we have to be honest here they do happen from time to time, no point in trying to say they don't IMO.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top