Join for free
Page 10 of 35 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 11:48 PM

Re: Who are all these people ''viewing??

Very true Spittie, very true.
I'm just not keen on all the spats sometimes. I've got enough on my plate at the moment so prefer things a bit more light hearted as an escape.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 11:51 PM

It's good that the spats occur on a screen, it is sometimes worse to hear words and see facial expression.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 11:53 PM

I like a laugh young Spitty me lad,
And dont mind a bit of banter,
But things go wrong,
And start to pong,
In the face of the bitter ranter.

Off to Mellotron land.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It's good that the spats occur on a screen, it is sometimes worse to hear words and see facial expression.

Yes! That's very true as well.
My word you've got your philosophical head on tonight. (can't spell that)?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 11:56 PM

So you are a bard, Nom. Nice one!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-04-2014, 11:57 PM

Off to me bed folks. Night night, sleep tight.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 02:58 AM

erhm?? - bit cliquey around here - can anyone join?

there was a long thread called a 'clique'
were everyone came with a spit
there was even some s..........fire
who quickly expired
twas a shame cos we like his true grit

but as usual we've all gawn off track
this thread was about invisible tw..s
who just stare at us all and then don't have the gawl
to join in a clique or a chat

so welcome those non-cliquey mates
we can form a new group called 'the hates'
you will sure get a 'bite' even if it's in spite
and you'll soon form a clique and be mates!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Only you and Julie and only because you two drive interesting posters away

So you resent people being friends ? I answer as many threads and people as I am interested in some topics draw me more than others same with other members I would guess which is why we may end up on the same threads. That isn't a clique that's two people who just happen to have similar interests. It could be said of you and pats too but no one would have been so rude to have mentioned that especially before either of you had entered the discussion.

I am not aware of any cliques just some members post more than others and quite honestly if others posted more you probably would not notice the same names all the time which is what makes it look like a clique.

I have been treated pretty badly on this forum by 3 members one was eventually banned all for not agreeing with every word they said. Some people can agree to differ and move from thread to thread not holding a grudge some seem not to have that ability. I hope I manage to treat each thread individually and not hold grudges but obviously if that isn't true just alert me and I will try harder.

Some new comers don't stay and that's sad however if you are a newbie this forum can be great, but you have to either have a tin hat on at times or have a look around to see whether it's for you first. I never understand people joining with controversial views then being amazed when some people do not agree with them. We may all be over 50 but we all come from very different back grounds and are a range of ages I think I may be one of the youngest - so we are by definition going to have different ideas and opinions about things. I don't see that as a bad thing if we all simply agreed the forum would be a bit dull and what the watchers like reading would be gone (no harm in reading IMO nothing sinister about it).

What will drive people away is threads critical of members or the forum. I have never belonged to a forum where there have been as many as this one, if someone has a problem with me I don't mind taking about it but don't sneak off and mention me in a thread I am not involved in in a gossipy way just be honest with me.

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Oh this 'clique' thing seems to spring up every now and then, it's the same on most forums. It appears because it's usually the same people posting.
If more people posted, there's be more replies....and maybe everyone would have a say and no-one be ignored/not answered.
Completely agree with you !
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 08:00 AM

from henceforth let all cliqueness cease!! and all be equal in the eyes of the moderators!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 08:37 AM

The 'few' that brought this up hardly contribute to the forum.
That in itself is telling, how can they possibly hold the view of a clique if they do not join in !
I would never be part of a clique and checked this forum before I joined.
People are great in the majority and as Mups said, we have enough problems to contend with in life, without a few conjuring up absolute nonsense to stir the pot.

Page 10 of 35 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top